2019 Summer Window - Whom do we Need ? - Whom will we Sign?

Nah, he is a better 6 than an 8. Pace can beat anyone in isolated situations. The goal is to limit those opportunities via possession and positioning. You'd be hard pressed to find a player better than Gundogan at those 2 traits.

KDB, silva, banana silva - there’s three better at possession and positioning for a start....didn’t even have to look outside the club

KDB, silva, banana silva - there’s three better at possession and positioning for a start....didn’t even have to look outside the club
None of those three are as good at positioning, and I'm not sure any are as good in possession football tactics either. Perhaps Bernado.

Not a big fan of Dinho as CB, obviously a tough bastard, but still short. Really really hope the club make CB a priority, even more so than DM I'd say.
I see your point, but the whole idea us about gaining a possessional advantage. The general rule would be that we will be playing a 9 man block. So breaking them down is aided by having great ball handlers I. Positions that will have the most touches, CB and DM.

It seems Pep is just trying to add to our creative advantage against bus parking teams. Which would be about 90% if the teams we face.

The reason those 3 don't play as a 6 is quite simply they are needed more in attacking positions. Bernardo has been exceptional on the wing breaking down defences with this close ball control and link up play. He even has the ability to beat 2 men. David is needed to be the link to free up Sane or Sterling on the left. KDB's whipped in crosses from the right are unplayable. TBF they all drop deeper when needed, but we need them to create chances more.

Gundogan is a CM by trade. He's good at recycling possession. He can play as an 8, but more as a scorer getting in the box and not as much as a playmaker.

This is what our squad will look like come start of the season; with Foden rotating with the back up CMs and assuming Muric will count as club trained:

Aguero Sterling
Mendy Bernardo De Bruyne Cancelo
Rodrigo

Laporte Stones Walker
Ederson

Sane Jesus Mahrez
Silva Fernandinho Gundogan
Zinchenko Otamendi Alderwiereld Danilo
Muric​

This is what our squad will look like come start of the season; with Foden rotating with the back up CMs and assuming Muric will count as club trained:

Aguero Sterling
Mendy Bernardo De Bruyne Cancelo
Rodrigo

Laporte Stones Walker
Ederson

Sane Jesus Mahrez
Silva Fernandinho Gundogan
Zinchenko Otamendi Alderwiereld Danilo
Muric​

Can't see us signing Cancelo whilst also keeping Danilo. And if we do that there's absolutely no way we buy Alderweireld.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.