2019 Summer Window - Whom do we Need ? - Whom will we Sign?

Glad someone shares the same sentiments. I just want to make a reference to the Arsenal match over the weekend. This was when DInho was played in a pseudo-CB role, where he steps out to midfield in possession and retracts back when in defensive phase. As with Pep, this may be just experimental. But with De Ligt, this can actually be a more permanent tactical solution, coupled with the 3-5-2. There is certainly a way to fit in all of Laporte, Stones and De Ligt together. Just a thought.

Strachan, on some shite radio station or other, said that was possible because City have 'a genius' playing in that position & was laughing at some of the players recently suggested as possible p.o.t.y. by comparison.

Pep actually tried that experiment with the Dutch cb kid, at the end of one of the recent cup games & he did ok tbf.

If that tactic ecomes something Pep wants to develop in the future, then Garcia could be a possibility for that role, as his comparitive aerial weakness as a cb would be covered by having two other cbs there, his defending is better than most midfielders & his passing is better than most defenders & better than many midfielders.

I actually think he is someone else who could possibly develop into a Fern MKII if we work on his attacking & mid positioning game & don't treat him purely as a defender.

Strachan, on some shite radio station or other, said that was possible because City have 'a genius' playing in that position & was laughing at some of the players recently suggested as possible p.o.t.y. by comparison.

Pep actually tried that experiment with the Dutch cb kid, at the end of one of the recent cup games & he did ok tbf.

If that tactic ecomes something Pep wants to develop in the future, then Garcia could be a possibility for that role, as his comparitive aerial weakness as a cb would be covered by having two other cbs there, his defending is better than most midfielders & his passing is better than most defenders & better than many midfielders.

I actually think he is someone else who could possibly develop into a Fern MKII if we work on his attacking & mid positioning game & don't treat him purely as a defender.

Definitely will love to see Garcia get a run in the team. On that note, there is a big likelihood that both Kompany and Otamendi will leave the club in the summer. On a side note, I will personally love for Kompany to go into a coaching role with City. His off-the-field presence is still immense and having a model pro like him in the dressing room will not hurt. I think ideally keeping Otamendi on for at least another year, as a more experienced option to Phillipe Sandler [the Dutch CB you referred to] and Eric Garcia. This will give the team a good cushion to fall back on should there be injuries. In that time, Garcia can be evaluated for an alternative to Dinho as well. All these should still happen, regardless of De Ligt signing with City. Exciting times for the backline.

Also a fan of Tierney. He, to my non-scout eye, is faster than Chilwell. He's got good positional sense too. And yes, he's played some center back for Scotland so they can have he and Robertson on the pitch together. To his credit, the lad said he doesn't mind playing wherever his manager wants him to play.

He and young master Roberts are supposedly best mates. If Roberts could get a spot in our first team it might draw Tierney to want to join him here.

I think Tierney ticks alot of boxes for City. On a side note, Scotland's got an incredible left side of the backline. I will say, of course, in an alternate reality, David Alaba should be the number one choice for LB. But we all know, reality is far from that. Ever since Pep came to City, he has not gone back to either of Bayern or Barca for any of his old players. The LB slot is all about replicating another Alaba. A player that can maraud down the flank and switch to invert inside as a pseudo-midfielder at times. It is sad that Mendy is likely in a Micah Richards-esque situation. There is a high chance Mendy will be an injury-prone power player. And I don't think running a gamble with the LB situation for another season is wise. I am not entirely sure but can Tierney be counted as a HG player?

Will love to know if anyone out there is keen for a Jadon Sancho return? I mean this is not likely happening anytime in the next window and probably never. Even if so, it will be an astronomical fee quoted. So, this question is merely academic.

Personally, I think a dream window for City will need to fulfill the two priority signings of a DM and a LB. I understand that football in reality is not FM. And with the transfer market bloated with astronomical fees, despite some of the struggles of the current team at minor speed bumps this season, all City needs is some minor tweaking. So, on top of the two priority signings, a bonus addition will be a right-footed attacker. I will love to witness the following developments:

1) Signing one of De Ligt / Rudy / Rice for DM
2) Dinho will play mentor, keep his starting berth and rotate with the new guy
3) Signing Tierney for LB [HG options] - no more sweating on Mendy's fitness every now and then
4) Kompany retiring or semi-retiring into a coaching role to keep an eye on the younger players
5) E.Garcia, Sandler, Muric and maybe, Claudio Gomes getting more opportunities with the first team
6) Bring back Jadon Sancho [probably a pipe dream]
7) Altenatively, groom another attacker from the academy
8) Zinchenko finding a better career opportunity with another club [somewhere he may be able to develop as an AM]
9) No Neymar, Mbappe, Isco type signings - nothing to rock the ship
10) Foden and Bernardo making a real statement to soften the impact of another David Silva absent period
11) Keep most of the current squad, if not all

If City get this window right, they will be able to turn their focus to finding Aguero's heir come next summer.

Will love to know if anyone out there is keen for a Jadon Sancho return? I mean this is not likely happening anytime in the next window and probably never. Even if so, it will be an astronomical fee quoted. So, this question is merely academic.

Personally, I think a dream window for City will need to fulfill the two priority signings of a DM and a LB. I understand that football in reality is not FM. And with the transfer market bloated with astronomical fees, despite some of the struggles of the current team at minor speed bumps this season, all City needs is some minor tweaking. So, on top of the two priority signings, a bonus addition will be a right-footed attacker. I will love to witness the following developments:

1) Signing one of De Ligt / Rudy / Rice for DM
2) Dinho will play mentor, keep his starting berth and rotate with the new guy
3) Signing Tierney for LB [HG options] - no more sweating on Mendy's fitness every now and then
4) Kompany retiring or semi-retiring into a coaching role to keep an eye on the younger players
5) E.Garcia, Sandler, Muric and maybe, Claudio Gomes getting more opportunities with the first team
6) Bring back Jadon Sancho [probably a pipe dream]
7) Altenatively, groom another attacker from the academy
8) Zinchenko finding a better career opportunity with another club [somewhere he may be able to develop as an AM]
9) No Neymar, Mbappe, Isco type signings - nothing to rock the ship
10) Foden and Bernardo making a real statement to soften the impact of another David Silva absent period
11) Keep most of the current squad, if not all

If City get this window right, they will be able to turn their focus to finding Aguero's heir come next summer.

Pep seems to be dead against Sancho coming back, so personally I'll just try to ignore his performances & stick my fingers in my ears when they talk about him, until Pep gives reason to change.

Runs the channels better, fits the system better, link up play is better, goals record is similar.
The rest he will gain with experience and age. Aguero didn’t have the guile and explosiveness he has now when he was 21.
It’s a perfectly understandable point, for most.

Think you need a dictionary. If you think I contradicted myself.
Utter shit mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.