2019 Summer Window - Whom do we Need ? - Whom will we Sign?

We need a DM and a LB.

Although tbf it seems like we've gone into every window the past 15 years needing a LB.

Hmmm ..... probably means player locked into a gentlemans agreement so we can put pressure on selling club to try to negotiate lower price.... As long as it doesn't drag on all summer, we can't afford another Jorginho fiasco, that would be extrmemely embarresing, lesson there was don't do business with nutcases like Aurelio De Laurentiis ....

Agreed. My only concern with hearing what @tolmie's hairdoo has said is that if it’s gross spend then we won’t be getting anyone of huge quality? Ndombele and say chilwell would be at least £140m in this current climate and I personally think that west ham would want nearly £100m for rice to be honest? We need a world class DM at least!

As much as we need a DM and LB, I think we also need another attacking midfielder, who is more comfortable in the middle than the wing, someone older than Foden but younger than de Bruyne. Unless our philosophy changes, we're almost certainly going to go deep in all tournaments, which means injuries and suspensions will deplete the squad and put added strain on others.

As much as we need a DM and LB, I think we also need another attacking midfielder, who is more comfortable in the middle than the wing, someone older than Foden but younger than de Bruyne. Unless our philosophy changes, we're almost certainly going to go deep in all tournaments, which means injuries and suspensions will deplete the squad and put added strain on others.

As of right now, we have:

De Bruyne
Bernardo
Silva
Gundogan
Foden

to play there. I can't see why we we would need three players for each of the roaming 8's, especially when it's quite arguably our strongest area of the team.

De Bruyne
Bernardo
Silva
Gundogan
Foden

to play there. I can't see why we we would need three players for each of the roaming 8's, especially when it's quite arguably our strongest area of the team.

As I said, it's all about looking over a season and taking injuries into account. Foden is very young and will get time, but I looked at the bench last night and thought another midfielder that could come on in the middle would be advantageous. Aouar for me.

De Bruyne
Bernardo
Silva
Gundogan
Foden

Fernandinho could also play as an 8 if we buy cover/help him.

Agreed. My only concern with hearing what @tolmie's hairdoo has said is that if it’s gross spend then we won’t be getting anyone of huge quality? Ndombele and say chilwell would be at least £140m in this current climate and I personally think that west ham would want nearly £100m for rice to be honest? We need a world class DM at least!

I’ve got a feeling fees may not be as big this summer.
Especially if we act early.

I could however be 100% wrong. I imagine the Hazard to Madrid fee will set the bar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.