2019 Summer Window - Whom do we Need ? - Whom will we Sign?

Nowhere near. Sane is now vastly underpaid. Bernardo was a much higher earner than Sane even when they both arrived, which you would expect.

Sane should be a £200k a week man now if we are comparing it to Rashford and Martial money.

Both, who aren't fit enough to wipe his arse.

I assume we still think this will get done as well mate? Leroy, raz and Bernardo signed up on long term deals would be amazing

It could be more than that I would argue, if City are somehow allowed to defer a transfer sanction until January 2021.

Of course should there be a looming ban of some length then absolutely they will attempt to get as much business done as possible - still, not a lot of needs in truth. Only question mark might be what, if anything, to do about Mahrez and whether to upgrade - my feeling would be yes

I assume we still think this will get done as well mate? Leroy, raz and Bernardo signed up on long term deals would be amazing

I must admit, I'm a little worried about Leroy.

Pep seems to frown upon players (Gundo also) who aren't so quick in committing themselves to an extension, when others, including himself, have done. Raheem was a little different for various...

There is a plausible perfect storm on the horizon if you factor City were trying before last summer to sort Leroy out - he was banking on a top showing at the World Cup before he wasn't selected.

He has two years left and any transfer embargo pretty much means he can sit tight until his final year, knowing he will still play plenty and see what is out there/who is tapping him up.

He will be 25/26 by then and as sure as eggs are eggs, Bayern and Real will be on him like white on rice.

It's what they do.

Hopefully City can get it done soon (even if they have to pay through the nose to avoid the above scenario).

Of course should there be a looming ban of some length then absolutely they will attempt to get as much business done as possible - still, not a lot of needs in truth. Only question mark might be what, if anything, to do about Mahrez and whether to upgrade - my feeling would be yes

Yep, Mahrez might even have to be in the equation if Leicester are asking stupid for Chilwell. Apparently Juventus are keen, based on reports in Algeria.

Another centre-half would desperately be needed as part of Vinny being phased-out.

I would also take Rakatic and Coutinho if Gundo refuses to sign a deal before the start of next season.

Thiago is finished. Even the Bayern crowd were booing his decision-making and mistakes against Liverpool last week.

He's 28, I don't believe he is finished - it's actually a good shout for City & Pep as Bayern are sure to revamp the squad and would likely be open to a sale

There are definitely advantages to seeking similar profile players between our clubs currently and true that players like Rakitic or Coutinho might suit Pep

Last edited:
He's 28, I don't believe he is finished - it's actually a good shout for City & Pep as Bayern are sure to revamp the squad and would likely be open to a sale

I'm sure they would. I'm not sure Bayern's deadwood is good enough for us these days, though.

He's been a tremendous player and I loved his showing at the Bernabeu semi-final game last year.

However, his injuries have seemingly caught up with him and he was overwhelmed by Liverpool's workmanlike midfield.

Now if we're talking some of Barca's current deadwood...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.