2019 Summer Window - Whom do we Need ? - Whom will we Sign?

@tolmie's hairdoo With respect to Thiago, the key variable IMHO, is Pep. I think he probably knows the player well enough to assess whether Bayern's decline is intrinsically linked to his play or to tactics, other personnel etc.

Else, I agree, as I added in my earlier post - we seek similar profile players so there can be advantages in how well our clubs deal with one another

@tolmie's hairdoo With respect to Thiago, the key variable IMHO, is Pep. I think he probably knows the player well enough to assess whether Bayern's decline is intrinsically linked to his play or to tactics, other personnel etc.

Else, I agree, as I added in my earlier post - we seek similar profile players so there can be advantages in how well our clubs deal with one another

True enough. Nobody is infallible though, even Pep.

Case in point, Sanchez, as yet.

I've always felt Isco had the ability and workrate to play at the base of the midfield? Saw him play both there and at wing-back under Ancelotti one year at Anfield.

True enough. Nobody is infallible though, even Pep.

Case in point, Sanchez, as yet.

I've always felt Isco had the ability and workrate to play at the base of the midfield? Saw him play both there and at wing-back under Ancelotti one year at Anfield.

Isco, wonder if gundogan went if Isco could be an option? Especially as Merlin is getting on

I interpret all this discussion this morning so that not even Tolmie has knowledge about what is going to happen regarding transfer ban/FIFA.

It does sound like the consensus on here is that we will get a transfer ban, the only question being whether it will come into effect before or after this summers transfer window opens. The implications are also pretty clear. If we are banned straight away we have to make sure to renew some contracts of players we otherwise might choose to part ways with. If the ban is applied after this summer we are forced to perform the business of 3 transfer windows in 1.

I myself am wondering how it goes together that on the one side FIFA's attempt to oust UEFA with new tournaments is partly bankrolled by Abu Dhabi (Mudbala connected to Softbank), and on the other side FIFA wants to ban Abu Dhabi's top club in a more heavy way than other clubs before (no free transfer window before ban applies). Based on pure speculation/hope I would find it logical if FIFA does find a way of allowing City to do transfers this summer, so the impact of the ban would be minimal.

Sorry maybe a ridiculously stupid question but can we sign players now, with just the registration to complete in the summer or is it that the registration is the final stage in the signing so it’s still a no deal?

Sorry maybe a ridiculously stupid question but can we sign players now, with just the registration to complete in the summer or is it that the registration is the final stage in the signing so it’s still a no deal?
A ban is actually on registering players, so agreeing terms or even paying now will not help.

In :
Ndombele
De Ligt ( Low chance but let me dream)
Jovic ( and loan back)
Aouar / João Felix

Out:
Bravo
Gundogan
Delph
Otamendi?
Mangala

Line up: 3-4-3

Ederson
Stones De Ligt Laporte
Ndombele
Aouar
KDB
Bernardo

Sane
Sterling
Aguero

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.