2019 Summer Window - Whom do we Need ? - Whom will we Sign?

Affect is usually a verb, and it means to impact or change. Effect is usually a noun, an effect is the result of a change.

Who v. Whom: Use this he/him method to decide whether who or whom is correct: he = who him = whom. Examples: Who/Whom wrote the letter? He wrote the letter.

That's sorted.
Thanks. Affect/effect is pretty much what I thought. I must just have a mental block in applying it, for some reason.

Still none the wiser about who/whom tbh!

Fucking ridiculous if we lose Leroy just because Pep has grudge with him for some reason. His ego can't get better of him in this case. Club first surely.
"If" such a grudge did exist, why would it necessarily be Pep in the wrong?

Think this has been coming. Pep said a while back that both Mendy and Sane cannot play in the same team ! So if a fully fit Mendy slots in as our number one leftback, where does that leave Sane ? On the bench all the time

Just read an article where we are possibly targetting Neymar in a summer deal. The article mentions Jesus being used, but if this Sane saga goes the way of him leaving, Neymar can play across the front 3

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/footba...ty-to-make-summer-move-for-neymar_356551.html
Deals between PSG and City are unlikely.

The owners are too petty to allow it.

I know this case involves Saudis and not Emiratis but since they are allies against Qatar, you can draw your own conclusions : the Saudis pirated BeInSports (Qatar) and made a channel named BeOutQ, just to piss off Qatar and ruin the economic deal they had in the region.

When Qatar won the Asian Football Cup in UAE, there was still a law forbidding people from cheering for Qatar or wear their kits, or wave their flag.

Think this has been coming. Pep said a while back that both Mendy and Sane cannot play in the same team ! So if a fully fit Mendy slots in as our number one leftback, where does that leave Sane ? On the bench all the time

Just read an article where we are possibly targetting Neymar in a summer deal. The article mentions Jesus being used, but if this Sane saga goes the way of him leaving, Neymar can play across the front 3

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/footba...ty-to-make-summer-move-for-neymar_356551.html
My understanding is that an effect is the result of an action after the event. An affect is the result of an ongoing or current action.
For example...."Mahrez is having no affect on this game at all"
" There goes the final whistle and Mahrez' participation had no effect whatsoever"

I could be wrong though, wouldn't be a first.
This should still be 'effect'. Don't ask me how I know. I just intuitively know the right one. Can't explain it. 'Mahrez inclusion will not affect the outcome." Will be a correct use of affect. AgsAg can't explain why. I just know.

Who and Whom on the other hand, Meh! I just use 'Who' all the time. Except when I feel like sounding like a pompous dick, I might throe an 'M' at who :)

"If" such a grudge did exist, why would it necessarily be Pep in the wrong?

Because Pep knows nothing and is motivated by personal animus to his own professional detriment. /sarc

None of us know what is really going on behind the scenes. Pep is not the only manager to omit Sane to some extent or other. So whether here or on the national level, perhaps there is more to things than meets the eye.

I'd hate to lose him. But I trust this manager and management team to do what is best for the club.

Because Pep knows nothing and is motivated by personal animus to his own professional detriment. /sarc

None of us know what is really going on behind the scenes. Pep is not the only manager to omit Sane to some extent or other. So whether here or on the national level, perhaps there is more to things than meets the eye.

I'd hate to lose him. But I trust this manager and management team to do what is best for the club.

I can only see it as an attitude issue at this stage. How that manifests itself is a riddle. Poor application in training?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.