2020/21 Predictions

If the window was to shut now, I think the top 4 is Liverpool, Chelsea, City, Rags in that order. But of course it doesn’t shut now, so we should all have the right to amend our prediction at the end of the window!

At this moment I have a real doubt that City have fixed our defensive problems. Ake and Laporte are both left footed central defenders, unless Pep has some crazy plan to go 3 at the back it looks like City are still incomplete.

If we sign Koulibaly we'll walk this league. I'm convinced Liverpool will struggle. They've been off the ball for a while and will have nothing left in the tank. Klopp's football is high octane. They can't coast.

1: Liverpool
2: City
3: Arsenal
4: Man U

I think Arsenal's results towards the end of last season in beating the main teams shows they are learning how to win against them (Liverpool in the league, City and Chelsea in the cup), so they could gatecrash the top 4. Otherwise a straight fight between the same top 2. Chelsea's defence will let them down.

Have to be honest at the moment I couldn't care less about this season.
Covid restrictions and lock down have fucked my head up.
I don't honestly think I'll ever go back to the ground again which is sad.

With their new goalkeeper, it wouldn't surprise me if Chelsea win it this year.

They've really refreshed the team.
I have my doubts Mr Lampard has the abilities to create a winning team over a full season; with a talented yet disparate bunch with no experience of the English game.

Dippers will be helped this season, but not to the extent that the scum will be.
Prem will be desperate to re-establish scum at the top, so I expect some favours for them this season. I don't know if they will continue on with the penalty giving it might get a bit obvious, but then the prem may just not care in their attempt to fix the league again .
I’ve a feeling that will be the case.

Premier League winners
Liverpool (by a mile again, the one thing they needed to be a proper complete side was a deep lying playmaker like Thiago and they’ve signed him... 100+ points for them and maybe even the CL double too I’m afraid)

Top 4
1 Liverpool
2 Chelsea
3 Arsenal
4 City/United (depending on form and injury record)

Relegation
18 West Ham
19 Aston Villa
20 Fulham

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to be optimistic but I have a bad feeling about City this season. I think we will be in the Top 4 but the way things stand I can't see us winning the league unless we address a couple of positions at least. Namely Koulibaly and I feel we need a striker (although we wont go into the market for one). Aguero is bound to get injured. Somehow Pep has to work his magic again and lift the squad and get the intensity back to how we was a couple of seasons ago. Need some luck with injuries as well

Liverpool
Arsenal
City
Chelsea

Rel

Fulham
West Brom
Palace

I want to be optimistic but I have a bad feeling about City this season. I think we will be in the Top 4 but the way things stand I can't see us winning the league unless we address a couple of positions at least. Namely Koulibaly and I feel we need a striker (although we wont go into the market for one). Aguero is bound to get injured. Somehow Pep has to work his magic again and lift the squad and get the intensity back to how we was a couple of seasons ago. Need some luck with injuries as well

Liverpool
Arsenal
City
Chelsea

Rel

Fulham
West Brom
Palace
I’ve got a bit of a bad feeling about City n’all. Don’t know why, not felt like this since 2015-16.

Apart from Agüero and de Bruyne, I’m not sure our players are actually that good and we overachieve because of who the coach is.

Then when Pep tries something different, the players aren’t good enough to pull it off so we have to play one way which is starting to get increasingly predictable to defend against.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.