2021-2022 Annual report - City post club record profits and revenues

In simple terms he's invested £2bn, recouped £1bn and now owns 75% of an asset worth £4bn.
It’s almost like he knows what he’s doing!
I’d love to see the Sheik coming to City games more regularly

I'm waiting for RAWK to explain how we manage to successfully pull the wool over the auditor's eyes every year without fail. That would be a senior auditor from the 5th biggest accountancy firm in the world with a turnover of $12bn and 97,000 employees. I'm sure they'd be up for a bung.
Totally agree, how a club that has been under a microscope when it comes to FFP for at least the past 10 years, manages to get away with it year after year is a miracle. It must cost us a fortune in bungs to auditors, accountants,legal firms, the premier league, UEFA,FIFA, sponsors and certain members of the press asking them all to look the other way.
The other point thats upsetting some fan bases is that our wage bill is somehow £30 mil less than United.
I assume they think Pat from accounts is in the back room of Mary D’s on a Friday when Pep and the boys come in to collect brown envelopes stuffed with cash as there being paid off the books.

Totally agree, how a club that has been under a microscope when it comes to FFP for at least the past 10 years, manages to get away with it year after year is a miracle. It must cost us a fortune in bungs to auditors, accountants,legal firms, the premier league, UEFA,FIFA, sponsors and certain members of the press asking them all to look the other way.
The other point thats upsetting some fan bases is that our wage bill is somehow £30 mil less than United.
I assume they think Pat from accounts is in the back room of Mary D’s on a Friday when Pep and the boys come in to collect brown envelopes stuffed with cash as there being paid off the books.
I think we have to thank UEFA for their help at CAS. I admire greatly the way they they threw the book at us and then produced no evidence at all apart from a few scruffy emails published in a dodgy German rag. I suppose the cost is that 'onorable 'istory clubs like Liverpool lose grade A owners because they can't keep up with the cheats.

Liverpool, as much as any other club (apart from maybe United and Spurs) were responsible for the monetisation of English football. They helped created the landscape they claim to despise. They formed the honeypot that made the likes of Mansour want a slice of the pie. They just don’t like how it turned out.

Be careful what you wish for.
You mean when Keegan went to Hamburg for 1/2 million in what was a world record back in the day.

Some Liverpool fans aren't happy:

I'm just mad as hell about all of this. I blame entirely those who run the game and basically betrayed it. From those who wrote the totally useless fit and proper owners' tripe who presently have allowed in Hicks, Gillette, the Glaisters and now every despot indecent country that has ever applied to come in. Have they actually turned anyone down at all? So much, for protecting the game. Then there is the useless FA, Premier League, UEFA, FiFA every organisation in for themselves while they have let the game go to the dogs and have clubs pimping themselves to get the richest of the rich involved as a necessity. What an absolute shitshow football has turned out to be. Every one of them should hide their heads in shame.
Who are the Glaisters? And shouldn't that be hang their heads in shame?

As for the fit and proper persons test in respect of Hicks and Gillett, well I recall an Everton fan (a top bloke who has now sadly passed away) once telling me that when those two bought Liverpool, the Liverpool fans were bragging to their Everton mates how they were the real deal and would show Everton how a football club should be run with plenty of them creaming their pants about the promise of a new stadium. The fact that it didn't turn out that way is not only funny as fuck, but how the fuck could the Premier League have stopped them buying the club when all was presumably above board at the point of sale? Do Liverpool fans think that the PL should've been able to predict that it was all going to go to shit a few years later - something that Liverpool fans themselves were unable to predict - and hence should've blocked the sale?

Last edited:
Who are the Glaisters? And shouldn't that be hang their heads in shame?

As for the fit and proper persons test in respect of Hicks and Gillett, well I recall an Everton fan (a top bloke who has now sadly passed away) once telling me that when those two bought Liverpool, the Liverpool fans were bragging to their Everton mates how they were the real deal and would show Everton how a football club should be run with plenty of them creaming their pants about the promise of a new stadium. The fact that it didn't turn out that way is not only funny as fuck, but how the fuck could the Premier League have stopped them buying the club when all was presumably above board at the point of sale? Do Liverpool fans think that the PL should've been able to predict that it was all going to go to shit a few years later - something that Liverpool fans themselves were unable to predict - and hence should've blocked the sale?
Glaiater was Gene Hunt in life on mars wasn’t he ?!?!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.