2022/2023 Accounts - Record Revenues & Profit - Annual Report

If only it was deranged fans.
Many half respectable journalists aren't able to put bias to one side and go full flat earth.

Journalists (I use the term very loosely) working for high profile newspapers who seem to think City have yet again filed a set of fraudulent accounts…. None of them stop to question why independent auditors or the HMRC don’t seem to have any issue with our accounts…. Utter fuckwits the lot of them, stealing a living spouting bias and bitterness.

There's nothing like success to piss people off. As a business, the club has spent , what, 1 billion to generate a club worth 3 to 4 billion? The legacy teams all look like boring old farts sat in front of a fire telling stories of days past and are wondering why they are losing fans.

I love the way Sheikh Mansour is described in Khaldoon's report as "custodian" of the club, not as the "owner".
Yeah, that is pretty funny. It makes it sound like he is appointed by the court to steer the club through a bankruptcy proceeding.

Not to split hairs, but wasn’t a trade deal, it was a ‘memorandum of understanding’ which is really not even worth the paper it’s written on.
It is a tragic attempt by this govt, and particularly the ludicrous badenoch to demonstrate how we are free to sign ’trade deals’ now we have brexit.
They even used the total GDP of Florida to try and inflate the size of the so-called deal’s potential.
Kemi Baddenoch even claimed the new CPTPP Trade Deal was valued at £11Trn.

She added the GDP of the 12 CPTPP countries together to reach that figure & claimed it as another Brexit benefit.

It's valued at £8bn over the next 10 years to the UK economy, as opposed to the £130bn we're losing annually being outside the EU. 乁⁠(⁠ ⁠•⁠_⁠•⁠ ⁠)⁠ㄏ

We already had trade deals with these countries anyway, as opposed to City & Silverlake's hook up genuinely giving both companies access to new markets & contacts they didn't have previously, & otherwise probably would never have had.

Business-wise, City are on another level. This is the vision Ferran Soriano had for Barça. They didn't share the vision & were too riven in internal warfare to see the game-changing plans being proposed.

Hopefully City fans appreciate how lucky we are to have Soriano & Khaldoon in synergy & in charge of City. )(

I asked that earlier, and have since looked it up. It seems we, along with Sony, are developing our space in the Metaverse....one aspect of this is the potential to watch live games "virtually"...from any seat in the stadium...as well as many other VR/AR things to interact with

TBH, i was very sceptical...and its probably not of interest to the "normal" everyday, match going supporter....but the possibilities are HUGE...and largely aimed at the younger, new generation of fans across the world...tickets for virtual games would mean you wouldnt be restricted by the capacity of the stadium.

They'll make a fortune in selling the "package" needed to go virtual live football..

A well-run business, and club, on and off the field. I would be surprised if the allegations stick, maybe there might be a small penalty at worst, but the fact that City repeatedly state they have irrefutable evidence against the charges by the EPL gives me some confidence that press hacks like Sam Wallace are just click-baiting. If you delve into any other successful enterprise across the globe, there will be some connection with potentially dodgy business somewhere up the chain. The FFP was brought in because the cartel felt threatened, United’s double Glazers ripped them off, which for me should be a bigger concern for the EPL than what City have done.
My belief also, a small fine for minor financial indiscretions but nothing that other multi billion businesses (or governments) do not do either deliberately or accidentally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.