2022/2023 Accounts - Record Revenues & Profit - Annual Report

I read the annual report and financial statements this morning and there really isn’t any bad news here. The evidence that City is one of the best run sports operations in the World is now being evidenced with financial results.

I do have a question and an observation. What constitutes “matchday income” ? Is this just ticket sales or does it include prize money ? This revenue stream increased by about 30% over the prior year but average home attendance only increased by a few hundred. My observation is that without significant transfer income from the sale of some high priced first team players the Club would actually have lost money. Is it realistic to expect several big money sales every
year ? Doesn’t that put increased pressure on the Academy to produce more players capable of making the breakthrough into the first team ?

The conspiracy theory gets bigger every year. Hundreds of auditors, the UK Government, Silverlake and all our sponsors, all our senior managers, the Portuguese police and Judges who prosecuted Pinto, UEFA. They have all conspired to cover up City’s fake accounts. The only person not involved is Bill Gates.
Bill Gates probably invented the accounting software that allows us to cook the books !

I read the annual report and financial statements this morning and there really isn’t any bad news here. The evidence that City is one of the best run sports operations in the World is now being evidenced with financial results.

I do have a question and an observation. What constitutes “matchday income” ? Is this just ticket sales or does it include prize money ? This revenue stream increased by about 30% over the prior year but average home attendance only increased by a few hundred. My observation is that without significant transfer income from the sale of some high priced first team players the Club would actually have lost money. Is it realistic to expect several big money sales every
year ? Doesn’t that put increased pressure on the Academy to produce more players capable of making the breakthrough into the first team ?
Matchday income presumably has more top end corporate stuff, the new bars, more merchandise, I think we also played 4/5 more home games than previous year.

On my narrow financial knowledge, £80m profit seems a fair whack to be playing with, in revenue of £713m?

So, that’s about 2 major sales of players, to knock out any profit. It doesn’t seem a bad year…

And … hopefully we can win the treble again… but probably not, so wages (bonuses) will drop a fair amount next year.

So, it seems that we are guilty of building a great team, investing in a previously deprived area, building an Academy that has given many kids a chance to develop their skills, increased revenue every year, not to mention success at every level on the pitch. Compare this to the pathetic record over the last decade or so to our noisy Salford neighbours

Rag fans keep banging on about off the book payments to our players, we have been under media scrutiny for over 10 years, we have seen multiple players come and go in that time. We have dealt with god knows how many agents and agencies. Some we have left on good terms while others on bad terms. And yet at no point has anyone uncovered any evidence of secret payments, not one.

Do they really believe that multi millionaire players will put themselves at risk of jail for committing fraud? And why would we lose players for higher wages elsewhere if we were paying off the books?

Just picture a case where Sterling goes to Chelsea, they will have an idea of his salary, lets say £200k a week. So lets assume that they offer him £250k, if he was really getting £300k from us why would he move?

The pies have gone up in price and the contents in them have gone down to next to nowt. That must explain the matchday revenue increase.

Piss boiling nicely on rawk. Self awareness not being a strong point, they are upset we have caused other teams to miss out on a couple of years of European football! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.