2022/2023 Accounts - Record Revenues & Profit - Annual Report

I read the annual report and financial statements this morning and there really isn’t any bad news here. The evidence that City is one of the best run sports operations in the World is now being evidenced with financial results.

I do have a question and an observation. What constitutes “matchday income” ? Is this just ticket sales or does it include prize money ? This revenue stream increased by about 30% over the prior year but average home attendance only increased by a few hundred. My observation is that without significant transfer income from the sale of some high priced first team players the Club would actually have lost money. Is it realistic to expect several big money sales every
year ? Doesn’t that put increased pressure on the Academy to produce more players capable of making the breakthrough into the first team ?
How player purchases are financed isn't just a case of how much net profit is made, although clearly making a profit is important.

Say we buy a 100 mill player on a five year contract. He goes onto the books as a 100 mill asset and his book value decreases by 20 mill a year (amortisation) until it is zero when his contract expires. If we sold him after say two years his book value would be 60 mill so any fee obtained would be a book profit or loss depending on what it was. If after two years he was given a two year extension then amortisation would be reduced to 12 mill a year. All that is part of the profit and loss account.

Rag fans keep banging on about off the book payments to our players, we have been under media scrutiny for over 10 years, we have seen multiple players come and go in that time. We have dealt with god knows how many agents and agencies. Some we have left on good terms while others on bad terms. And yet at no point has anyone uncovered any evidence of secret payments, not one.

Do they really believe that multi millionaire players will put themselves at risk of jail for committing fraud? And why would we lose players for higher wages elsewhere if we were paying off the books?

Just picture a case where Sterling goes to Chelsea, they will have an idea of his salary, lets say £200k a week. So lets assume that they offer him £250k, if he was really getting £300k from us why would he move?
No need to try and justify other peoples delusion.

Piss boiling nicely on rawk. Self awareness not being a strong point, they are upset we have caused other teams to miss out on a couple of years of European football! :-)

Fancy Bin dippers going on about teams missing out on European competition, just about their level of self awareness.

I put this on the media thread, but the article also mentions the charges against us.
Slimy Stone has one article each on City and the scum on the BBC web sports page. His article on the rags getting rid of their Chief Exec is at least four times longer than the one on us recording record Premier League revenues.
???????????????????????????????????????

It's been more or less double for years.
There matchday income has been in the range £107m - £111m from 2016-2022 (except covid impacted).
Ours has been in the £50+m range over the same period before hitting £70+mil this year.

I don't know why theirs has jumped.
Umbrella's and Rain Macs sold on the way in?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.