2022 Rugby League World Cup Final(s)

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Loved the whole tournament. I don’t know why, but I much prefer league to union. It doesn’t have the level of pretentious fuckwittery union has for sure.
Strange comment. Maybe an expansion on why you think this is warranted ?
Australia are so dominant in male and female formats Shirley a foregone conclusion?

If you mean union fuckwittery it is self evident.
The people who play it and follow it in England are unbearable in their self righteous arrogant superiority.

Went to the final yesterday and pre-booked parking at the holiday Inn, but was full as totally overbooked.
Saw lots of matchday car parks along the way so went back to one of them, followed several cars and paid £10 to the men in hi-viz coats.
Came back after game to find all the cars had parking tickets on them, when googled it find it's a regular scam that's been going on for at least 10 years. The most annoying part is that it is known to the police and the council and they drove past several times and did nothing to prevent it, the ticket was written out at 16.10 just minutes after kick off so the council waited until kick off then show their faces to collect £70 per car!
Expect nothing less from those c@@ts at the old toilet, trafford council must've made thousands yesterday and it seems they do the same every game, preying on the away fans....disgusting place to go even without being scammed

The Aussies are dominant but they came within inches of getting beaten in the semi final by the Kiwis. I like both codes btw
I did forget Tim sorry.
What I meant was Australia have won all bar four tournaments going back to the 1950s. Only GB and NZ have won otherwise.
Union has had four winners since 1987 NZ and SA with three each, Aussies twice plus England. Games tend to be closer too.
I do enjoy RL as it’s a skilful , fast game. I just don’t think the World Cup is much of a spectacle.

I did forget Tim sorry.
What I meant was Australia have won all bar four tournaments going back to the 1950s. Only GB and NZ have won otherwise.
Union has had four winners since 1987 NZ and SA with three each, Aussies twice plus England. Games tend to be closer too.
I do enjoy RL as it’s a skilful , fast game. I just don’t the World Cup is much of a spectacle.
I got into the RL World Cup after being disinterested in the start. For example, thought it was a bit embarrassing that players were issued with bans on the back of domestic league offences. Only for their bans to be used up for reserve games the players involved would t have been selected for. At least ralphy at the head of the RCL is going. I don’t think it’s possible for anyone to generate less commercial revenue but we will see.

I do enjoy seeing the NRL superstars and just wish England could raise their game. My only gripe with Rugby Union is thst it’s so difficult to best a very well drilled 15 man defence.it’s tough enough with 13 players stretched across the pitch.

My faith in R.U. Has returned a bit with the magnificent Georgian win

I got into the RL World Cup after being disinterested in the start. For example, thought it was a bit embarrassing that players were issued with bans on the back of domestic league offences. Only for their bans to be used up for reserve games the players involved would t have been selected for. At least ralphy at the head of the RCL is going. I don’t think it’s possible for anyone to generate less commercial revenue but we will see.

I do enjoy seeing the NRL superstars and just wish England could raise their game. My only gripe with Rugby Union is thst it’s so difficult to best a very well drilled 15 man defence.it’s tough enough with 13 players stretched across the pitch.

My faith in R.U. Has returned a bit with the magnificent Georgian win
I do enjoy the Super League and RL in general.
RU can learn a lot from RL. The constant stream of subs in the second half and endless scrums for the same offence.
That’s a low hit quoting Georgia :-) must be their flag !!!
Welsh Rugby is in decline. A Lot of the best players are either in their twilight or injury prone. The Regional teams are in the abhorrent URC.
You imagine being a supporter - you get five home games before November then nothing until the new year. Unless you are loaded you cannot follow your team to SA, Italy, Scotland or Ireland. There is no brand loyalty at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.