2024 T20 Cricket World Cup

Who's going to win the 2024 ICC World T20 tournament?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love Bill Bryson and I think if an intelligent man like him can't get it, there's little hope for the rest of America. Cricket is something you have to grow up with and have someone to explain all the nuances as they pop up in matches. If you try to write an explanation you think you can do it in a couple of sides of A4 but it'll probably end up measured in Volumes.
I don’t see how it’s that hard to understand. The basics are just that, basic to understand.

LBWs can be more technical, but once you understand the issues in play, they’re not that difficult either.

I don’t see how it’s that hard to understand. The basics are just that, basic to understand.

LBWs can be more technical, but once you understand the issues in play, they’re not that difficult either.

If they can understand baseball strike/ball rules then surely even LBW isn't that complicated?

At least you can see the wickets in cricket.

I love Bill Bryson and I think if an intelligent man like him can't get it, there's little hope for the rest of America. Cricket is something you have to grow up with and have someone to explain all the nuances as they pop up in matches. If you try to write an explanation you think you can do it in a couple of sides of A4 but it'll probably end up measured in Volumes.
If you tried it in book form, it'd make War and Peace seem like a book you'd read in your lunch break!

The main issue I have with LBWs is the whole "pitching outside the line" guff. If ball tracking is showing that the ball is going on to hit the stumps, then (in my opinion*), it shouldn't matter where the ball pitches. As for the element of doubt; well, ball tracking negates that, surely.

*other opinions are available. And will no doubt follow!

The main issue I have with LBWs is the whole "pitching outside the line" guff. If ball tracking is showing that the ball is going on to hit the stumps, then (in my opinion*), it shouldn't matter where the ball pitches. As for the element of doubt; well, ball tracking negates that, surely.

*other opinions are available. And will no doubt follow!
It makes sense if you remember why a leg side wide is given in ODIs, because they are hard to hit. So if you could bowl from very wide of the crease and pitch it outside the line of leg stump, fast bowlers would get lots of wickets without the rule.

It makes sense if you remember why a leg side wide is given in ODIs, because they are hard to hit. So if you could bowl from very wide of the crease and pitch it outside the line of leg stump, fast bowlers would get lots of wickets without the rule.
It also means the batsman would be limited in where they could hit the ball too, so you could have a hugely legside dominant field.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.