#21 | Ferran Torres - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting him on the wing is wasting him IMO, and not serving the team well enough. We've already got Mahrez, Sterling, Foden, Bernardo. Jesus looks much better out wide than he does at centre forward, where he struggles.

Torres doesn't seem to struggle very much up front. He looks natural, he looks like he can bang them in from there. Sure, he may also be a winger. He may even be a better winger than a centre forward, despite what he's shown so far in our shirt. If he can do a quality job in arguably the most difficult position on the pitch though, it'll be better for us and him IMO. We need to optimise as per our requirements.

I suspect he is encouraged to attack the full back directly and cross into the box a lot more for Spain than he is in City’s system, where it is more about recycling possession and clever movement behind. Great to see he has both in his locker and maybe Pep might allow him to play a little more freely for us next season.
Having someone in the middle to cross to will help as well

I suspect he is encouraged to attack the full back directly and cross into the box a lot more for Spain than he is in City’s system, where it is more about recycling possession and clever movement behind. Great to see he has both in his locker and maybe Pep might allow him to play a little more freely for us next season.
Having someone in the middle to cross to will help as well
To add, I think we could say that about most City players.

I don't think it's fully appreciated at times just how regimented and almost mechanical everything is under Pep in how City play. Every player has a very specific job in a very detailed system, and for the most part it reigns them in a bit. I suspect this is a big part of why players take so long to settle sometimes.

Then you see a lot of City players at national level and see just how expressive some of them can be. There are reasons we don't see it at City but it's good to know they have the talent.

With Torres, I'm confident that once he's settled (hopefully by the end of preseason) he'll be getting a lot more opportunities to showcase his talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.