21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may have a point.

I like the lads attitude and he clearly wants to be the best he can be....but as for his quality,where does he fit in?

He is neither good enough to be a left winger or a left back (the position he was signed for) in this side,so it does beg the question.....why was he purchased?

Why did we not find a player who could play the position now? or wait until one became available?
I think he was signed for a future 3 at the back. He's got the attributes of a wing back, as do Lewis, Palmer and Cancelo, plus a move to centre half would probably suit Walker as he gets a bit older giving us plenty of depth in that position.
Could be totally off the mark though.

I think he was signed for a future 3 at the back. He's got the attributes of a wing back, as do Lewis, Palmer and Cancelo, plus a move to centre half would probably suit Walker as he gets a bit older giving us plenty of depth in that position.

I just cant see the required quality,and i think we have others that are better.

I just cant see the required quality,and i think we have others that are better.
We'll see. He's just turned 22 and made a massive step up in terms of competition quality, how many players have we seen take a year to settle down and show what they're capable of in this team?

Jury is still out on him and the fact he didn't play isn't a great sign. He's not a good defender at the moment. He's rash and doesn't read the game very well. But in time he can change that, and going forwards/on the ball he's brilliant. He's spent the majority of his youth as an attacking player and his delivery is exceptional. To develop as a left back he just needs to train hard, watch others and take his chances when they come. When he has played, we've looked a bit too easy to bypass on the left hand side.

Jury is still out on him and the fact he didn't play isn't a great sign. He's not a good defender at the moment. He's rash and doesn't read the game very well. But in time he can change that, and going forwards/on the ball he's brilliant. He's spent the majority of his youth as an attacking player and his delivery is exceptional. To develop as a left back he just needs to train hard, watch others and take his chances when they come. When he has played, we've looked a bit too easy to bypass on the left hand side.
a
Not sure why we keep trying to turn attacking midfielders into left backs, I'd rather they got a solid LB and then trained him into the role Pep wants from his LB.
30m for Zinchenko was not enough compensation for losing a good player with a top class attitude.

the 3 at the back myth. how many times did pep play it?

palmer as a wb? :/

Feel a bit sorry for him as he’s clearly trying hard but he just isn’t anywhere near good enough. It’s clear Pep knows this too - it hasn’t taken long for Gomez to just be ignored. Gomez isn’t to blame for anything, but the club are. How can they decide he’s the man to replace Zinchenko, who in my opinion is absolutely world class as an inverted full back coming into midfield. And I mean that, world class at it. His build up, positional awareness, his passing, his tempo, everything is unreal. Selling him I’ve no problem with as he wanted to go, but how can we think Gomez was the answer? We’re now having to play centre backs at full back way more often than we ought to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.