21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he can't play against Southampton in the cup i can't think of another time he'll play this season tbh.

Think he'd be interesting to try in the FA cup in an LCM position against Chelsea.

Let Cancelo play LB, and let Gomez make left half space runs to whip crosses in like KdB does in the RCM spot.

Feel a bit sorry for him as he’s clearly trying hard but he just isn’t anywhere near good enough. It’s clear Pep knows this too - it hasn’t taken long for Gomez to just be ignored. Gomez isn’t to blame for anything, but the club are. How can they decide he’s the man to replace Zinchenko, who in my opinion is absolutely world class as an inverted full back coming into midfield. And I mean that, world class at it. His build up, positional awareness, his passing, his tempo, everything is unreal. Selling him I’ve no problem with as he wanted to go, but how can we think Gomez was the answer? We’re now having to play centre backs at full back way more often than we ought to be.

In Zinchenko's first season he played 17 minutes of league football in the first 23 league games.

Up until Delph got injured and there was literally no one else to play LB, He'd been limited to a couple of league cup matches and an FA Cup game vs Burnley's reserves.

In his second season in the squad, he played 3 league games of the first 27.

People are pretending Zinchenko walked into the squad and was our starting LB. Pep didn't even want him in his first season, then used him as a last resort because of injury, then gradually over 2 years of training he developed into a player good enough to start for us.

Gomez has already started 4 CL games, played really well in the derby, played vs. Chelsea in the league cup, and I'm sure he'll get some time in the FA Cup this month.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.