21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We needed a left back,instead we signed this kid.

Thats why people are frustrated and disappointed with the situation,not the lad himself.

Seems everything needs spelling out for some.....

We needed a left back,instead we signed this kid.

Thats why people are frustrated and disappointed with the situation,not the lad himself.
That may apply to you and others but there’s a section who are indeed saying he’s not good enough and it’s not because we didn’t sign a lb (which we should have done, no doubts)

That may apply to you and others but there’s a section who are indeed saying he’s not good enough and it’s not because we didn’t sign a lb (which we should have done, no doubts)

They may have a point.

I like the lads attitude and he clearly wants to be the best he can be....but as for his quality,where does he fit in?

He is neither good enough to be a left winger or a left back (the position he was signed for) in this side,so it does beg the question.....why was he purchased?

Why did we not find a player who could play the position now? or wait until one became available?

They may have a point.

I like the lads attitude and he clearly wants to be the best he can be....but as for his quality,where does he fit in?

He is neither good enough to be a left winger or a left back (the position he was signed for) in this side,so it does beg the question.....why was he purchased?

Why did we not find a player who could play the position now? or wait until one became available?
Can’t answer those questions, mate and they are certainly valid. I always look at signings like this one as a wildcard, we’ve seen enough to believe we can improve him and the cost is quite low as far as risk goes. They don’t always work and it may turn out that this one doesn’t but I’m going to see where we are with him come feb/March before judging him too harshly.

Defeats always bring out the worst in posters. He’s got plenty of time. I doubt we signed him expecting him to fit right in and be a superstar.
It’s not about a defeat it’s just my opinion that he will never be good enough for a team that aspires ti be the best in the world. Not the lads fault either

It’s not about a defeat it’s just my opinion that he will never be good enough for a team that aspires ti be the best in the world. Not the lads fault either
As a starter, right now, it's hard to disagree. I don't think we expected to see him as often as we have this season when we bought him, but Walkers injury has left us with a predicament that's seen us play an array of different defenders and the chopping and changing was always going to come home to roost eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.