21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me ask you this. Would you ever match him against the likes of Salah, Saka or Kingsley Coman? Hes certainly not going to speed up much as he gets older.
Ridiculous comment. Coman plays in a different league and we play Salah and Saka twice a season.

Absolutely I would have, Ake hasn’t Suddenly become faster or more agile. Gomez just doesn’t have the physical attributes of a defender. Fine for the teams which sit behind the ball, but not in the big games.
Ok. I am not sure I believe you, as no one was calling for that back then (I know, because I was in his performance thread defending him regularly). And I think you’ll find Gomez has the pace to match those players.

Ridiculous comment. Coman plays in a different league and we play Salah and Saka twice a season.
It’s not ridiculous really, there’s plenty of other places wingers who will get the better of him just like a championship player did on a couple of occasions today.

Really liked him today. Some utter arses in the match day thread jumping on any minor mistake he made, as usual, because some "fans" love to hate and berate one or two of our players for some reason, while conveniently ignoring a more established player making the same sort of error a few minutes later.

But yeah, I think he slotted in well. He's creative, good eye for a pass, always trying to push the play forward, and there's clearly a very versatile player in there who can roam around the wing and take up multiple positions, which is exactly what Pep likes.

They're not the same, but there are definitely some Zinny vibes in Gomez's versatility and adaptability. I think he'll be here next season and can start to play a bigger role.

Well said.

The guy has the skills to reach Zinchenko level & even go higher.

Absolutely I would have, Ake hasn’t Suddenly become faster or more agile. Gomez just doesn’t have the physical attributes of a defender. Fine for the teams which sit behind the ball, but not in the big games.
Same with Lewis. Same with many defenders considered some of the best in the world.

Did very well today-composed accurate on the ball. V similar to Zinchenko. Gives an option with Ake being out.

It’s not ridiculous really, there’s plenty of other places wingers who will get the better of him just like a championship player did on a couple of occasions today.
So you are saying unless a player never has an opposition player get the best of them they aren’t good enough?

Have to chuck the entire team, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.