21 | Sergio Gomez - 2023/24

Gomez prefers to play for Spain over City

the Spaniard said, "I have won a Premier League and a Champions League, but my greatest joys have come from the National Team (u21s). They are more than teammates, I play with friends there and it shows on the pitch."
What is he supposed to say? He barely ever gets a chance. I thought he did well in his cameos this season, yet didn't play at all in the last couple of months. No wonder he prefers actually playing for Spain. Fingers crossed he does well tonight.

What is he supposed to say? He barely ever gets a chance. I thought he did well in his cameos this season, yet didn't play at all in the last couple of months. No wonder he prefers actually playing for Spain. Fingers crossed he does well tonight.
I agree. I think this is a totally reasonable response and probably one other City players with more minutes have. Whether it be contributing more, playing a diff position, or just playing with people you’ve likely grown up with and speak the same language as.

I would love to see him play RW/LW more. I remember the reverse fixture when Gomez started, and in the first half alone, he created 5-6 goal-scoring opportunities playing LW, or in that short cameo vs Fulham when he dribbled past a few players and assisted Haaland. He is not a defender and never will be, like Lewis, because the two of them are too small, but looks great in the more forward positions.

There was a goal-scoring opportunity in which I thought he covered up well. Poor for their goal, though. Just got completely bullied.

in that short cameo vs Fulham when he dribbled past a few players and assisted Haaland.
Fulham gave up that game and put on some new signings at the end of the game who had completely no idea which positions they should stand at...

Fulham gave up that game and put on some new signings at the end of the game who had completely no idea which positions they should stand at...
He’ll never make a fullback at a high level. Definitely got the ability to be a decent attacking player for someone. A bit like Lewis for me(although he’s got time on his side) being decent isn’t the level we want as an 8 or wide player in this team.

He’ll never make a fullback at a high level. Definitely got the ability to be a decent attacking player for someone. A bit like Lewis for me(although he’s got time on his side) being decent isn’t the level we want as an 8 or wide player in this team.
Wow

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.