21 | Sergio Gomez - 2023/24

Exceptional player. I feel like he wasn't quite what we were looking for at this point in time, in this system. Having said that, some are about to find out how good he was. Technically sublime, with la pausa, phenomenal crossing, great through balls, dribbling. He was the best player at EURO -21. I wish he got more of a chance, but it is what it is. He is not the only one. Cole Palmer never got a chance as well. Best of luck Sergio, you deserve it. Class on and off the pitch.

Gomez brought to be cover for Cancelo when the old system still at work back then.

In the new system Pep developed especially Cancelo status in the club being alienated since then, Gomez place in the club is not needed anymore because Pep prefer CB as LB nowadays.

Nevertheles, thank you for being good servant for the club Gomez. Hope you will flourish in the next club.

The obsession of turning AM or Lws into left backs did for him, never good enough defensively to be trusted but showed what his game was about in u21 euros, a good winger with a great cross. Into the box.
I would say not really a Pep style if player from the off tbh.
Good luck to the lad back in Spain, surprised they never gave him to Girona on the cheap.

Good luck to him, a very talented player but for me a player that does not have the mentality for a big club, he's lacking in self belief.

In truth Sergio Gomez was probably just another in a line of left backs that did'nt really solve our on going 'left back issue (although we have done okay considering!!) In a match towards the end of last season in the commentary (might have been on the City app) they said that you knew City had the game won if Gomez was coming on, which kind of summed it up .
Seemed a decent fella and certainly not a bad player by any means. Gomez will probably will do well in a league that isn't as tough in a team where he can be a regular rather than just a squad player.

Will be at a much bigger club in 2/3 years. Sociedad have got a bargain. I actually think he's a brilliant player.
Agreed, can see him comfortably having a 15+ g/a season and a team will come after him. We will end up with another several million from the sell on clause.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.