23rd Minute tomorrow

This needs to be properly planned. Both sets of players and the officials will be aware that this is coming in the 23rd minute but need to know exactly how to behave, i.e. still play on regardless; pass it around for 60 secs or ref halts play so the players can also show their appreciation.
I would actually rather it was announced and applauded before the game has started rather than during but the squad number/minutes thing is something that has started creeping into the game now.

SteWadda said:
Didsbury Dave said:
SteWadda said:
I hope everyone sings his name as well as the clapping
He's one of those unfortunate footballers who's name won't fit into any song, so this is unlikely I'm afraid.

We sang his name when he played for us.
I honestly can't remember that. What tune did we shoehorn his name into? Was it 'foe' into the old 'ole' classic?

Didsbury Dave said:
SteWadda said:
Didsbury Dave said:
He's one of those unfortunate footballers who's name won't fit into any song, so this is unlikely I'm afraid.

We sang his name when he played for us.
I honestly can't remember that. What tune did we shoehorn his name into? Was it 'foe' into the old 'ole' classic?

That's the one.

can we please not move on. he wasnt even a city player, he was a journey man on loan. yes it was sad to see a young man taken like that but we paid our tributes at the time, why keep bringing it up.......move on!!

and dont even get me started on "retiring" the number 23!!!!

bluefromleve32 said:
can we please not move on. he wasnt even a city player, he was a journey man on loan. yes it was sad to see a young man taken like that but we paid our tributes at the time, why keep bringing it up.......move on!!

Dick

bluefromleve32 said:

Why not? Why don't you just keep quiet if you want to move on rather than posting a stupid comment like that.

He scored in a 3-0 win at Sunderland, everyone thought it was the Goat at first but the announced it as Foe so we started singing 'Feed the Foe'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.