23rd Minute tomorrow

bluemike said:
Blue2112 said:
I know I'll get absolutely slaughtered for this but I prefer if we just let people pass and remember them personally rather than an ever on going public appreciation. If I preferred to sit down and not join in there would be people around me having a go therefore by default and without really caring I have to stand and applause somebody I never knew and have already respectfully at the time acknowledged his passing.

Tin hat time.
I have to agree with this.
Where will it stop?

Well sure as hell it won't stop 50 years from now until we stop making money out of it... Oh wait that's not us.

Super Kev on twitter:

Kevin Horlock ‏@Kevinhorlock6 6m
Great to see 2 of my old clubs paying tribute to a great man and footballer tomorrow #RememberFoeOn23 #RIPMVF #WHUFC #MCFC

Struggle to see why some Blues seem so against it. It's 10 years this year since his tragic death, it's the closest home game to his birthday, and just happens to be against his only other English club.

It's a great gesture from both clubs and I hope his widow and children, wherever they may be, tune in and see how fondly he is remembered by English football fans.

Taken way too soon.

Pigeonho said:
citytill1die84 said:
That's good he also played for West Ham they'll gladly join in also.
Not even thought about that. That is one of those footballing circumstances that get thrown up now and then. Good spot.
It was planned for this game because he played for both clubs. It was 26th June when he died.

Well if 2 people don't want to do it then lets forget it. God forbid you feel uncomfortable standing up and applauding for a minute of your life. Can't be having that can we?

feedthegoat27 said:
Struggle to see why some Blues seem so against it. It's 10 years this year since his tragic death, it's the closest home game to his birthday, and just happens to be against his only other English club.

It's a great gesture from both clubs and I hope his widow and children, wherever they may be, tune in and see how fondly he is remembered by English football fans.

Taken way too soon.
I thought at the time the tributes at Maine Road were fitting for such a tragic thing that happened. I thought the retiring of the shirt number was too much. I think this is now just a "look at what we're doing" sort of thing that's very abundant in football nowadays for some reason.

We didn't even have a minute's silence when Mike Doyle died. He is a true City legend! Plus Tony Grealish died this week - another player who spent a short time with us - and will there be any mention of the man or acknowledgement of his death at all by the club or any fan?

bluefromleve32 said:
can we please not move on. he wasnt even a city player, he was a journey man on loan. yes it was sad to see a young man taken like that but we paid our tributes at the time, why keep bringing it up.......move on!!

and dont even get me started on "retiring" the number 23!!!!

This forum has just hit a new low. R.I.P Foe

We're all football fans at a football match. Foe died on the football pitch playing the game we all love. That's what makes this different and that's why we should remember him tomorrow.

Colins Bellend said:
20 years on on tuesday since Tommy Caton died, a fine centre half who played six years for City I doubt there will be any recognition for him though. Lets not become like Liverpool have some class and remember quietly
He was just 30 years old when he died too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.