24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saved us from 2 goals tonight. Got beaten by a tricky winger in the 90+ minute at 3-0, big deal. I thought he had a great game today, like the whole season. Haters keep on hating on him. I wonder how many will point out that Rico Lewis got beaten by a guy who tapped it in...wait, he is English and from the academy. Lets hate on the Eastern European instead. He happens to be the best young defender in the world, but it doesn't matter, he is wank despite all his great performances throughout the season (out of position) because of an odd mistake here and there...

The goal will be no doubt what most take from the game and whilst disappointing I don’t think he was poor by any stretch tonight.
He definitely wasnt.

Too many are fixating on that one moment, which is a little unfair to fully judge him for such a young player.

Its also something that can be coached, in which clearly he can be beaten out wide.

But thw positives of him are being ignored.

He is elite in playing out from the back, recycling possession, ability on the ball, compared to 99% of CBs in the world, and he showed that this game.

People forget this is exactly why Pep bought Stones, who struggled alot with the physical side but was already so good with the ball at his feet.

Played really well but just got overbalanced by Fofana, who I think then surprised him with his speed over a few yards. Pity, as the defence had held together well.

If people thought Laporte was bad they're in for a rough time with Gvardiol, he's an inferior version, doesn't matter if its LB, LCB or CB the same deficiencies will show, weak in the duels, overplaying instead of keeping it simple and poor one-on-one defender.

Saved us from 2 goals tonight. Got beaten by a tricky winger in the 90+ minute at 3-0, big deal. I thought he had a great game today, like the whole season. Haters keep on hating on him. I wonder how many will point out that Rico Lewis got beaten by a guy who tapped it in...wait, he is English and from the academy. Lets hate on the Eastern European instead. He happens to be the best young defender in the world, but it doesn't matter, he is wank despite all his great performances throughout the season (out of position) because of an odd mistake here and there...

exactly! it’s usually the emperor’s new clothes scenario for english/academy players when they ghost/make mistakes. people are screaming on twitter to get gvardiol and kovacic out of their club. surprise eh?

there was an interview with gvardiol before the game, he was asked which was his favorite game for city, he replied - when i played in my position as a cb.

he kept referring to cb being his position.
he also explained that although he played lb for dinamo, he played only cb for two years and positioning and movements of cbs and lbs are significantly different.

so, he literally said what i’ve been saying for months. and he’s adapting to playing for pep who said that his players know how he breathes. kdb recently said that they know where everyone is with their eyes closed.

the funniest person - nunes
the person who never replies in wa chat group - rico
the thing he likes the most about manchester - weather
they call him kova’s father coz he looks old lol

he’s still very humble and nice

He definitely wasnt.

Too many are fixating on that one moment, which is a little unfair to fully judge him for such a young player.

Its also something that can be coached, in which clearly he can be beaten out wide.

But thw positives of him are being ignored.

He is elite in playing out from the back, recycling possession, ability on the ball, compared to 99% of CBs in the world, and he showed that this game.

People forget this is exactly why Pep bought Stones, who struggled alot with the physical side but was already so good with the ball at his feet.
Reminds me very much of the lapses of concentration Stones used to have.

Honestly come away from that thinking that's the player we signed. Mad how you can come on here and people see the compete opposite. Showed for me how much of a useful asset he could be for us, his ability on the ball is ridiculous really for a defender and he's so comfortable on both feet. I think people forget the lad is young for any player let alone a CB. They're at least a couple of years behind most positions in terms of development. Unfortunately his price tag and large first team experience already plays against him clearly for some as they're expecting the finished article. Not sure there ever has been at his age in world football though and there's nothing to his game that can't be coached.

Thought he had a very good game tonight but I can't believe that you think people would " hate on the eastern european" as to being English like Lewis.
I genuinely cannot recall any posters thinking a players ability or attachment to the club is based on where he was born.
Maybe I am picking up on your quote incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.