24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
i didn’t actually write his passing was perfect ;) that was an awful attempt, reactions to it would make it seem like every other squad member always produces perfect crosses though. **** without anything between his ears for example…

the treatment he gets is completely different to fan favorites’ treatment here. when they make mistakes or ghost games it’s either completely quiet and dead in their threads, or they’re being handled like a precious ming dynasty vase. it’s like an internet version of the emperor’s new clothes.
I think it’s a combination of you feeling more protective of him than most of our other players and some of us needing longer to value him as our left back.

He doesn’t get the pelters Grealish and Doku get. He gets more than some though as he plays most games, whereas Nunes gets less because he doesn’t play.

Gvardiol will be a great player for us. He’s just a bit in the spotlight at the moment because he’s new. I wouldn't worry too much about the match day threads though. They’re reactionary and people give over exaggerated opinions in the heat of the moment.

I think it’s a combination of you feeling more protective of him than most of our other players and some of us needing longer to value him as our left back.

He doesn’t get the pelters Grealish and Doku get. He gets more than some though as he plays most games, whereas Nunes gets less because he doesn’t play.

Gvardiol will be a great player for us. He’s just a bit in the spotlight at the moment because he’s new. I wouldn't worry too much about the match day threads though. They’re reactionary and people give over exaggerated opinions in the heat of the moment.
hmh i try to stick to facts, i just pay more attention to certain things. doesn’t stop people from answering to facts with “you’re croatian” or “you’re a fangirl”. laaaazy. and for the record, i hate the lb experiment without proper minutes as cb.

grealish and doku don’t get the same amount of pelters. i wrote about the disgusting stuff people said about grealish previously. doku was treated like a deity. chelsea game, was reece james alone? nope. was gvardiol alone? yep. again, facts. but i don’t get the whole grealish or doku thing, having both gives pep more options, plus doku is also new and didn’t have a pre season. gvardiol gets a lot more crap coz his price tag was higher and he’s a boring defender, not a flashy, electric winger. that’s just how things work. nobody cares about defenders until they make a mistake.

If we were to rank our centre backs, he’d be a distant fifth at present.

I know he’s not playing in his primary position but I think most of us still would have expected a bit more from him. He’s like a left-footed version of Corluka.

The way he was utilized today should be optimal for him.

He wasnt asked to be wide fullback, he was asked to be a ball playing CB that is slightly wide and generally had a really good game, just got burned out wide in that last moment unfortunately and its his main weakness.

But I see no reason he cant be coached to read those better.

A mixed bag, again, for me.

A few times I thought we got extremely lucky, as he seemed, to my untrained eye, wildly out of position. Luckily for us,their final ball was even worse than ours. He's young.

Still don't see a world class defender but it again he isn't totally shit either. He is a lot better at full back than when Zinchenko was here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.