24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I read the comments and think “did he even make one correct pass?” But then when I went back and rewatched I saw just two off target passes in our half in more dangerous areas. One was under pressure, one was not. It seems to me most games each defender has at least one sloppy pass in our half during any given game (except maybe Ake, but even him on occasion). And I’ve certainly seen Braithwaite do it and he’s often held up as the young CB we should have gotten. I don’t feel like that’s enough to call the game a total failure for him, but I guess everyone has their own benchmarks.

Should not start against Liverpool, he was better as CB than LB. Need to see more of him at cb
The thing is he has the kind of skill set that Pep loves. Someone who is extremely comfortable on the ball and capable of multiple positions.
This season is about bedding in and learning his craft with us. I don’t think we will see him at CB much if at all this season.

The thing is he has the kind of skill set that Pep loves. Someone who is extremely comfortable on the ball and capable of multiple positions.
This season is about bedding in and learning his craft with us. I don’t think we will see him at CB much if at all this season.
This

its more frustrating because we know how well ake can play LB and Josko CB.
Josko is too good to be an CB. Thats why Gvardiola bought him, he doesnt need a CB, anyone can play it. Stones, Akanji, Dias, Ake, they all can play CB. Thats why Gvardiol with his skillsets, both feet, will never play CB in near future, you just have to be patient, not frustrated. If it doesnt work out, he can play CB, but he is young and it doesnt suit any defensive lb, that opponents usually park the bus. Much easier to see what he is capable of, when in transition. People dont realise how good Gvardiol is for a CB, too good, thats why Gvardiola is betting on him in LB. In future who knows maybe DMF.

This

Josko is too good to be an CB. Thats why Gvardiola bought him, he doesnt need a CB, anyone can play it. Stones, Akanji, Dias, Ake, they all can play CB. Thats why Gvardiol with his skillsets, both feet, will never play CB in near future, you just have to be patient, not frustrated. If it doesnt work out, he can play CB, but he is young and it doesnt suit any defensive lb, that opponents usually park the bus. Much easier to see what he is capable of, when in transition. People dont realise how good Gvardiol is for a CB, too good, thats why Gvardiola is betting on him in LB. In future who knows maybe DMF.

He potentially can play Stones role and that's not something can be done in 1 season even Stones himself need more than 2 season to get it.

Not at all impressed with Gvardiol at LB. Gives the ball away much, much too often, and infrequently contributes with a killer pass.

Gvardiol was one of the best CB's before we bought him - I don't understand why Pep won't play him at his natural position.

Not at all impressed with Gvardiol at LB. Gives the ball away much, much too often, and infrequently contributes with a killer pass.

Gvardiol was one of the best CB's before we bought him - I don't understand why Pep won't play him at his natural position.
I wouldn't worry about not understanding what Pep sees. None of us see what he sees.

I think we should also not forget Ake's potential muscle injuries. He can play a limited number of games as LB but we don't want to miss him in defence in big matches. I don't.

That's a main reason Gvardiol has to cover LB running workload.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.