24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think he was great 1st half. Gave the ball away far too much but I do think it was a bit of a consequence of the right hand side being so bad. But he got the goal still and 2nd half he settled down as we regained control back.

He is excellent on the ball 99% of the time but every single game, almost without fail, he plays a suicide pass that puts us in trouble.

On the plus side, it’s a nice change to see a defender attacking and winning the ball from a corner.

I agree but he is not more involved in GA (goals against) than say Ake. The latter has been involved in GA vs Wolves, Arsenal, Spurs, United, Liverpool...Only Akanji from those who have bee regular starters has been consistent this season.

Overall, Gvardiol has had an excellent 1st season so far.

Given that he is only 22 (2 years younger than Phil) I think he has done incredibly well and is only going to get better. Has the ingredients to end up like a hybrid ov Kompany & Stones.

He looks so sharp compared to 6 months ago. He's so confident on the ball and finds the men with his pass whereas a few months ago he struggled a bit.
Chipped in with some great goals along the way too.
Really chuffed for the kid, he's only going to get better.

Going to be an elite player . Not the most comfortable on the ball at times playing so far forward but is improving all the time .Love his energy and temperament.

It’s the same with Stones - being a good footballing defender is completely different to being an elite player with the ball in the final third.

Hope to see them both paired as orthodox central defenders next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.