24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much a guaranteed starter now, in any game of any significance/importance. An answer to our ancient LB issue. Even if he's apparently not all that keen on playing in that position. The thing is; with Pep, positions are fluid. Look at Stones; a CB who's at ease in midfield. And Josko is only, what, 22? His best is yet to come.

majestic, and i’m ready to die on that hill tonight!

most completed dribbles in the match - 2, a cb.

100% duels won, i’m a big fan of successful duels.
giphy.gif

Pretty much a guaranteed starter now, in any game of any significance/importance. An answer to our ancient LB issue. Even if he's apparently not all that keen on playing in that position. The thing is; with Pep, positions are fluid. Look at Stones; a CB who's at ease in midfield. And Josko is only, what, 22? His best is yet to come.
Yes, in the recent Blue Moon podcast one of the commentators mentioned,
“Gvardiol is an incredible one because, you know, my sort of contacts, the people I've sort of dealt with, who cover Leipzig when the move was taking place, sort of stayed in touch with them. And they were telling me, he really, really, really doesn't like playing left-back. He won't like playing left-back.” So good for him to stretch himself in this way.

I still see way more criticism than I think a 22 yo who is new to the league deserves. I hope he and all the other new signings have a great end of season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.