24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are blessed to have this guy. I can see his potential being somewhere near Rodri where he'll be the best player in the world in his position.

A CB pairing of Stones and Gvardiol would be ideal where either can smoothly drift into midfield.

Totally random. Do you think he or Akanji will take #4 next year? Neither he nor Akanji wore 4 at their previous clubs.
I was thinking the same thing. I’m hesitant to get Gvardiol’s kit because he might go ahead and change his number to 4 or something.

Yes, in the recent Blue Moon podcast one of the commentators mentioned,
“Gvardiol is an incredible one because, you know, my sort of contacts, the people I've sort of dealt with, who cover Leipzig when the move was taking place, sort of stayed in touch with them. And they were telling me, he really, really, really doesn't like playing left-back. He won't like playing left-back.” So good for him to stretch himself in this way.

I still see way more criticism than I think a 22 yo who is new to the league deserves. I hope he and all the other new signings have a great end of season.
i wonder did he know that he won’t get near playing cb before signing. and what will happen if pep leaves next summer.

Totally random. Do you think he or Akanji will take #4 next year? Neither he nor Akanji wore 4 at their previous clubs.
i don’t know would city do that if phillips won’t be sold and just loaned.

i’m sure joško would like it, it’s his national team number and it won’t change. i don’t think he would insist or make a fuss about it though.

more from the not bad for a useless flop category:

17D8A623-9C2B-4207-813E-E9F578B1AF23.jpeg6C8E8E1B-DFC4-469B-BA12-D7CCA975425A.jpeg
A2730D47-1C84-46F0-946F-F2C9E653DDBD.jpeg

would the extension be an extra year and more money or?

i wonder did he know that he won’t get near playing cb before signing. and what will happen if pep leaves next summer.
I am not sure it matters anymore. He’s shown he’s one of the best LB in the league. And has shown he can be coached, can improve, and can be flexible - like our whole back line. Those traits would be coveted by any coach.

Based on his interviews, I think he’s happy to work with Pep, whatever his role!

And whoops, I forgot Phillips wore 4 - I was mixing up with Laporte!

I am not sure it matters anymore. He’s shown he’s one of the best LB in the league. And has shown he can be coached, can improve, and can be flexible - like our whole back line. Those traits would be coveted by any coach.

Based on his interviews, I think he’s happy to work with Pep, whatever his role!

To be fair playing LB for Pep is not really the normal expectation of playing LB.

Gvardiol defends in a back 3 like he's a CB, when he goes forward he's allowed to play in midfield or go wide. There's so much positional flexibility and you see so much of the game's action that I think any footballer would love it.

Marco Rose, his last RB Leipzig coach, likes high and wide fullbacks that stretch the pitch but don't see much of the ball.

i think it does matter cause pep is a genius. his replacement won’t be.

even in his last interview he talked about his right position. he’s mentioned it in every single interview i saw and i believe i saw most of them.
i agree, he’s happy to work with pep and he will do his best always, with positive attitude and without sulking and complaining.
i also think what pep did was right for the team, not necessarily right for joško, and that’s fine, he’s a paid employee.
in the long run, i think playing fullback is more physically demanding, he was a fast cb, as i said previously, he will never have walker’s pace, that cannot be coached.

i hope pep will give him minutes at cb next season, i don’t want him to get rusty. or pep should just stay and take care of the kids. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.