24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
a podcast interview with joško and his friend and dinamo teammate lovro majer was aired tonight.

this is the most relaxed joško interview ever, probably cause he was surrounded by the fa crew he knows very well.

if anyone’s interested in some of the things he said, shout please :D

also, does anyone know where could i watch city games, i missed most of the luton game and i need to watch it.

a podcast interview with joško and his friend and dinamo teammate lovro majer was aired tonight.

this is the most relaxed joško interview ever, probably cause he was surrounded by the fa crew he knows very well.

if anyone’s interested in some of the things he said, shout please :D

also, does anyone know where could i watch city games, i missed most of the luton game and i need to watch it.
Yes please! I was curious as I had seen some clips and it was clear he was talking about City but obviously all in Croatian. Was wondering if there was a transcript I could Google translate.

Yes please! I was curious as I had seen some clips and it was clear he was talking about City but obviously all in Croatian. Was wondering if there was a transcript I could Google translate.
i haven’t seen a transcript anywhere i’m afraid.

i’ll post some stuff then. to start, question about nicknames in clubs, dinamo little pep, leipzig he couldn’t remember (typical joško), and now it’s hos.

origin of hos: the club sent scott, erling and joško to film some content. the crew knew scott carson’s name. they called joško hos, scott carson died laughing and kept calling him that so it’s hos now, he didn’t seem very happy about it though.
but hey, he’s new in england and so on, but the most famous striker in the world was greeted with “hi eric!” by the crew. erling is not eric now though.

it was, obviously, a lot more entertaining when joško talked about it.

oh and he confirmed what i already noticed, nobody says his name properly, even after almost a year there. imo that’s pretty rude and somewhat sad, he says it when he meets people.

life in manchester

he doesn’t like coffee in england.
coffee is a big thing here, not just the beverage but the social aspect, starbucks was about to open here some time ago but they decided not to because they would flop hard here. we like to sit down and interact with friends. i saw a photo of him and kova on the streets of manchester with some to go coffee, so yeah, we don’t do that unless we have to.

pastry/dough - apparently you have to roll it when you buy it? here you can buy it ready for oven. so when a friend visited him they bought some flaky pastry (joško cooks and bakes desserts), realized that joško doesn’t own a rolling pin and used a small round salt container on it which took a while, ended up with salt all over it.
the pastry conundrum eh. everything is different according to him.
joško if you’re reading this, ikea should be the same, and the thing is called a rolling pin. you’re welcome.

the weather - there’s not much sun obviously but when it shows up people wear summer clothes even if it’s very cold, footwear included.

he was talking about the euros with grealish and stones, and “it’s coming home” was mentioned. he told them they will come home from germany, it wont.

it was all light-hearted and not some
sort of boring moaning and complaining, just in case one of the bm victor meldrews decides to take umbrage. :D

more tomorrow, my brain cells are refusing to cooperate. and now i want some coffee, and a nougat croissant. stupid pastry conundrum.

oh and he confirmed what i already noticed, nobody says his name properly, even after almost a year there. imo that’s pretty rude and somewhat sad, he says it when he meets people.
I don’t think Rubens name is ever pronounced by anyone correctly either! (Except Bernardo).

Yeah I watched the podcast on youtube last night. Too bad there is no translation option on the video. But it was so natural and unfiltered from Joško. He talked like he talks with some friend at his home. Lots of stuff from city. Very funny

Last edited:
I don’t think Rubens name is ever pronounced by anyone correctly either! (Except Bernardo).
oh every time i hear bernie say ruben i try to pronounce it, kinda like h but not the usual h, if i ever try to say it publicly someone will do a heimlich maneuver on me.

joško is super easy and he spent a lot of time with all of them, it’s like calling bernardo mernargo.

lnobbins says it correctly, yes it sounds like an english person saying it but it’s correct.

also, many city content creators say tiki when they talk about txiki. and it’s hulian. ok, i’ll stop now. :D

about fulham penalty - they offered but he refused because penalty takers are determined in advance and they have special training, so he didn’t even consider taking it. pep was also telling them about the importance of goal difference all the time and they were trying to catch up on that. he doesn’t seem bothered about the hat trick really, team first.

the pressure is huge playing for city compared to leipzig where they got city after the group stage and knew that’s ucl over, only the league and one cup game a month left. with city it’s full focus until the last day, much more demanding. he thinks the second season will be much easier for him.

he was feeling awful, tired and in a lot of pain before the palace game, worried about an injury because he never felt like that before. got injured in 2nd minute the next day, subbed off at half time but they managed to make him ready for the real madrid game.

he wanted to swap shirts with antonio from west ham, who seemed surprised when joško asked. as in that’s the only player he wanted to swap shirts with.

the other day he said “currently” about playing lb, and here when asked about his fave thing about playing football, he started with “as a cb”. it’s build-up play from cb position against a high pressing team, he loves that, compared it to playing chess.

@Middedon - he would never say it publicly but those guys in that podcast were probably right about his strong dislike for playing lb.

@Middedon - he would never say it publicly but those guys in that podcast were probably right about his strong dislike for playing lb.
Although I remember when he did his first interview at RBL he said his favorite position was striker. It was a little tongue in cheek but you do wonder if he has enjoyed how playing LB has allowed him some more opportunities to shoot. That said, I do think his positioning was part of Peps educational plan and whenever he switches back to the middle, he’ll be all the better for it. Or by then Pep will have switched him to a midfielder. Hah. Regardless, I’m sure playing LB at City is different to a LB role at RBL (which was what the podcast mentioned) or Croatia - for better or worse.

Re: Antonio. Did he say why he wanted to switch with him? Especially in that LB position he’s played against a lot of “bigger” names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.