24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Wondering with his great qualities including pass accuracy and range, positing, winning ball back and energy , could he be the answer to that DM problem, and rotate with Rodri? I am aware of the wonderful job John does there when employed but just feel this lad can offer a whole new range of skills at this position too!
It's possible but I think people underestimate just how hard it is for centrebacks to do what we've seen from Stones in there. Akanji is quite competent on the ball but playing in there versus Sevilla he looked like a fish out of water.

Wondering with his great qualities including pass accuracy and range, positing, winning ball back and energy , could he be the answer to that DM problem, and rotate with Rodri? I am aware of the wonderful job John does there when employed but just feel this lad can offer a whole new range of skills at this position too!
He will, in time. He is 21 and in a new league. From what we have seen from him thus far, he will become one of the fundamental pieces of the Man City puzzle for the next (hopefully) 10+ years.

It's possible but I think people underestimate just how hard it is for centrebacks to do what we've seen from Stones in there. Akanji is quite competent on the ball but playing in there versus Sevilla he looked like a fish out of water.
You’re right you can’t just assume someone can switch to midfield just because they’re good on the ball( look at Trent). I do think this lad will in time though.

He put in a long pass to Alvarez last game with his weaker foot. Amazing ability.

But honestly if I were the attacking player front I would prefer an in swing coming from his left foot. Better angle. Easier for the first touch.

Absolutely brilliant and only going to get better! His fee will be seen as a bargain in a few years time

Joško you are massive.
Our left side today , not so great.
Way weaker ,both in attack and defence

Joško you are massive.
Our left side today , not so great.
Way weaker ,both in attack and defence
Definitely. We missed him today and it was definitely on show despite the (phenomenal) result. For me, if fit, he has to play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.