24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s wait till he plays at centre back before we call him out . Tbh I think he is a real top drawer central defender who is being shoehorned into a left back slot also even though our defence is off arm it’s the lack of midfield which is putting them under constant pressure .

The guy is as strong as an ox. What are you talking about? This has always been mentioned as one of his strengths.

Where was Laporte at his age? They are not even same planet talent/potential Wise.
I’ve seen him get bullied in back to back games mate. He couldn’t last 90mins against spurs! He might be a big lad but he doesn’t play like one. Don’t give a shit what Laporte did at 21 for city he was excellent. To date Guardiol has been piss poor for City, lots of players have huge reputations often they aren’t deserved.

The guy is as strong as an ox. What are you talking about? This has always been mentioned as one of his strengths.

Where was Laporte at his age? They are not even same planet talent/potential Wise.
Laporte literally started for Bilbao at the age of 19. maybe pep should start going for a real LB and not CB to put them on LB.

Let’s wait till he plays at centre back before we call him out . Tbh I think he is a real top drawer central defender who is being shoehorned into a left back slot also even though our defence is off arm it’s the lack of midfield which is putting them under constant pressure .
I think he will settle at centre back and become a superb player for us. He will never be a left back for us.

Personally, I like him and his style. Our movement is currently not very helpful to his game. And since Pep is not ready to play him at CB yet, I'd let Ake play

Good on the ball but defensively suspect. It’s not due to a lack of ability, more a lack of concentration, he will come good in time I think. He just needs easing in, sadly Ake struggles with his fitness and we don’t have many other choices other than Akanji.

He's not as good at left back as Delph was, he should at least be serviceable over there. I'm hoping he can move to central defense and thrive but it's naive to see his shortcomings and just dismiss them.

Man I can't actually believe what I'm reading here. Did any of you complainers actually watch Gvardiol except for the City Leipzig games? I would presume not.

Arguably the best defender at the world cup as a 20yo, but everyone remembers how Messi sent a ball for an assist next to him. The best defender for Leipzig with a plethora of skills and qualities.

Now he's play out of his main role and people here are asking how come he looks better for Croatia. Well cause he plays as a CB there :D

Someone already posted last game stats, the best rated player in the team, but somehow he is "shite". Bailey made a run from him and scores over Dias not Gvardiol, is he the only player in the defence or what?

Also against Tottenham, none of the goals were on him, all Doku and CBs, not to mention that the leading 2-1 goal came from his pressure and taking the ball in the middle of the pitch and starting the goal scoring play.

Against Leipzig Akanji gifted a goal. Second one came over Gvardiol who had to make a 60m full sprint to cover a position that is not his and get's turned around. Dias lost the duel as a last man and gave the opponent a clear run at goal. He also created a key pass for Lewis that he fumbled and assisted Foden for the equalizer.

It's beyond me how can he be so criticized when clearly the CBs are in shambles and I guarantee the defence looks miles better with him in the spots of Akanji or Dias.

Young, plays with both feet, good passes, strong in CB position, great work ethic. Nothing more could be asked of him at the moment considering he had no preparation and got put in fire straight as he came with any preseason work with the team. And we're talking about Pep City which always has some kind of position experimentation.

For me he is a top signing and people thinking otherwise are completely delusional cause if he has issues, Pep is the one that should fix them. That's why I expect to see him way better after January preseason work.

And one more thing, even mentioning a defender in a game where Villa has 22-2 total shots is just hilarious :D

I believe he will come good in the long term, the signs are there. He has had a torrid start though, let's hope he turns it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.