24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Not seen enough of him to make a call either way, I would hope to see him grow into our team and playing him in position might be a start. Ake - although himself not a natural left back - looks more useful in that role.
I agree.
Playing him out of position isn't doing him any favours in his first Premier league campaign

Weve conceded 4 against Chelsea, 3 against half a spurs team, 2 against RBL and 1000 chances against Aston Villa - not entirely sure it's a bad thing maybe trying someone else at centre back?

I feel sorry for Ake being regarded as so dispensable.
But this isn’t Joskos fault. Clearly there is something going on with Ake. Pep has mentioned several times this year he can’t play multiple games a week. He’s been very cautious about using him and visible concerned when he goes down. Why is this consistently being viewed as a negative treatment of Ake when it actually could be very thoughtful?

The guy is as strong as an ox. What are you talking about? This has always been mentioned as one of his strengths.

Where was Laporte at his age? They are not even same planet talent/potential Wise.
Based on what I've seen, sorry Laporte is the better player talent wise. Decent passing range, solid against aerial threats and Oh, did I mention he could actually defend? You know, do what defenders are meant to do?

Based on what I've seen, sorry Laporte is the better player talent wise. Decent passing range, solid against aerial threats and Oh, did I mention he could actually defend? You know, do what defenders are meant to do?

You not remember Laporte dropping arguably the worst individual defensive performance this side of the takeover vs Tottenham?

But this isn’t Joskos fault. Clearly there is something going on with Ake. Pep has mentioned several times this year he can’t play multiple games a week. He’s been very cautious about using him and visible concerned when he goes down. Why is this consistently being viewed as a negative treatment of Ake when it actually could be very thoughtful?
Because people tend to jump to assumptions when slightly puzzling things go unexplaIned. Also, it’s not unusual for a manager to favour one guy over another who he regards as more dispensable. Not saying that’s the case here but nor would I rule it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.