24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel sorry for him. Pep stubbornness at keeping him at left back is killing the lad. He’s a great player in the wrong position.
I just said it on the other thread. Are they just burning the money they spent on him? He’s missing out on development as a CB at an important age. He’ll be replaced at LB at some point (probably by another CB) then be out of practice for a year as a CB. Some will say it doesn’t matter because he’s not good enough. But with an older back line you’d think it would make sense to have some reserves. I don’t know. I just wonder what’s the point.

Its bizarre decision making to paper over the perennial left back vacancy by selling Laporte who as a CB could actually cover LB with some competency ditto Ake and then force Guardiol to play LB when he is clearly unsuited.

Its bizarre decision making to paper over the perennial left back vacancy by selling Laporte who as a CB could actually cover LB with some competency ditto Ake and then force Guardiol to play LB when he is clearly unsuited.
The one thing I think was right was selling Laporte. He was a great servant to the club but older and injury prone. (Regardless of whether or not people like the replacement). A few months ago lots were fine with Laporte leaving and now he’s the greatest defender City ever had.

The one thing I think was right was selling Laporte. He was a great servant to the club but older and injury prone. (Regardless of whether or not people like the replacement). A few months ago lots were fine with Laporte leaving and now he’s the greatest defender City ever had.
I was never happy with Laporte leaving thank you and was also sceptical about buying Gvardiol.That's not to say I'm not 100% behind him because he's got some good attributes and of course is a blue

I was never happy with Laporte leaving thank you and was also sceptical about buying Gvardiol.That's not to say I'm not 100% behind him because he's got some good attributes and of course is a blue
That’s why I didn’t say all, or even most! I just find once players get close to 30 clubs often make a decision more with their heart than their head. Not saying this is the case here, but I’m generally more wary. I also thought without new signings Rico, Walker, Stones, Dias, Ake, Akanji and a smattering of Gomez would be fine.

Pep wants most of his players to be versatile and be able to be comfortable in different positions, so i can see why he's doing it and playing him there.

We need to win games now though and can't afford to experiment, so i think he should be back at his most comfortable position if he's going to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.