24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2024/25

Their keeper made at least two great saves from Josko in the 2nd half.

He had another good game yesterday and continues to be a legitimate threat going forward.
Might have been an idea moving him more centrally yesterday in the 2H (maybe as part of a back 3). Much rather have him taking those long range shots than Dias or even Kovacic (Stones's goal notwithstanding)

Might be worthwhile trying him in the DM position. Ake’s coming back and I’d be happy recalling Callum Doyle from his role and getting games at CB/LB.

Might be worthwhile trying him in the DM position. Ake’s coming back and I’d be happy recalling Callum Doyle from his role and getting games at CB/LB.

Came on to suggest that. He is a beast in the air, excellent on the ball and a decent attacking threat. There's definitely potential there, but quite a few meet that definition. I don't think Stones can play the role other than supporting from defence. Similarly Rico. Kovacic is good, but Gvardiol might be the one we have to look at in that position. Nunes is the other player I would consider, but would probably only work with Rico inverting alongside him.

Need to improve on shifting the ball to the left quicker to his wide man. The ball never came or a bit late for Savio and Grealish. Especially against low block. Whenever he fed the ball quickly the winger caused damage. Stones goal came from that corner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.