24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2024/25

Someone bias check me… is it crazy to say he’s a top 3-5 defender in the world?
He’s 22.

He might not be there yet, but I believe he will one day.

Let’s not forget, before we were linked with him, he was being touted in the British sports media as the defensive equivalent of Erling.

yeah that was nice, very nice. too bad about the assist.
yes it was such a relief when he came on. Have you read anything from him about the role he plays for City? He seems to love having the licence to go forward and he is great when doing it.

I can't help but think about what most people were saying about him after his first games, just like I can't help but think about what many were saying about Rodri after his first games too.

All this to say that players need to be given time to adapt, especially when a player arrives in a team like ours led by the best coach in the world with quite monstrous tactical and physical demands.

This is an indirect way of telling you that we need to give Matheus Nunes, who I consider to be an exceptional player, a little more time, but I digress.

Josko has the potential to become the best left back and the best central defender in the world at the same time if he is spared injuries and maintains the mentality and humility he has today. I see him having a career like Paolo Maldini or Sergio Ramos, guys who started on the wings before ending up in the center and becoming the best in the world except that he has even more innate technical qualities than the two monsters I just mentioned.

yes it was such a relief when he came on. Have you read anything from him about the role he plays for City? He seems to love having the licence to go forward and he is great when doing it.
There is a charming video when he joined RBL and he talks about his favorite position being a striker. The reporters don’t know what to make if it! At around six minutes…

He is just pure quality, best player on the pitch for me today (might be a bit biased). Really good going forward and I wish he would have more freedom to cross into the box or shoot, cause he does it well and is a real danger for the opposition, class

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.