24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2024/25

that’s why i want to clone him for my national team, we’d be so good. :/
Croatia have had, and are still producing, some top players. I'm not sure if its their facilities or under age development but every top European team seems to have a Croatian player in their team.
I'd have loved to have seen Modric playing under Pep.

Croatia have had, and are still producing, some top players. I'm not sure if its their facilities or under age development but every top European team seems to have a Croatian player in their team.
Haha got to laugh to facilities comment. Trust me, our facilities are probably the worst in this part of Europe. We have one new stadium in Osijek city (13000 seats) with new training grounds, all other stadiums are ready for demolition. The youth teams on the other hand are up ther with the top Europe clubs. How and why, i don't know. I know if you are young and hope to make it in football in Croatia, the competition is crazy. Beside Gvardiol, just from Dinamo Zagreb you had players like Modric, Kovacic, Brozovic, Šuker, Boban, Kranjcar, Eduardo Da Silva, Dany Olmo, Mandzukic..etc. And then you will hear bunch of stories about some players who were better then all of them but didn't make it. I know there is a bunch of local futsal tournaments that everybody participates and first you have to prove yourself there to be considered top player. Robert Prosinecki would regularly flew from Madrid to play in those tournaments. Kovacic got injured in one of those tournaments while playing for Chelsea i think. If anything is true sport in Croatia defies all logic. I'll give you one example. Janica Kostelic in skeeing won 5 world ski champions, 4 olympic gold medals, 2 olympic silver medals until age of 25 when she retired considered to be maybe one of the best female skiers of all time. Her brother Ivica won 4 olympic silvers and 1 world cup gold. Croatia didn't have one skiing resort or "proper" mountain for professional skiing and they were coached by their father who was a handball coach who drove them around Europe ski resorts in his car, to train on the tracks early (05:00am) in the morning before regular folks wold come on the ski tracks.

seen Sutalo recommended to replace Kyle as well, we all Croatia soon..

I saw some comment that said he’s the “best striker Croatia has” and thought of you!
we’re crap at the moment and the idiotic “why doesn’t joško play as good for us as for city” narrative is on its way. erm maybe coz we don’t have world class players and daliban is not pep, just maybe….

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.