#25 | Fernandinho - 2020/2021 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was absolutely delighted when this guy signed a new deal two years ago but was so disappointed at the same that it was only 2 a year deal. This guy is not showing his age even if he can’t play every game he still brings a lot to this team. Please go and find me a midfielder anywhere in the world even half as good as him. LEGEND!!!!!

Should get an extension from my point of view.

At the very least we are seeing he can play a game a week, with Rodri playing other games there is plenty of game time and rest for both.

I didn’t want to bring him into it. I’m not a fan (of Rodri but can also see why others like what he brings) but I wanted to keep this about Fernandinho and his performance.

Fernandinho isn’t the future in that position but his ability to move the ball quickly there makes a big difference to our play. When we sign his actual replacement we should focus on that ability as a primary need.
I watched Dinho closely tonight and his ability to find the space to be the outlet ball when we are playing out from the back is unrivalled, he also knows exactly how much time he has available. Magnificent player.

I watched Dinho closely tonight and his ability to find the space to be the outlet ball when we are playing out from the back is unrivalled, he also knows exactly how much time he has available. Magnificent player.
It’ll be so hard to find that same complete skill set at an age and ability that transfers well to the Premier League. But if we take it that Rodri is part of our squad going forward we have to find someone that can do different things in that same role, if we can’t find the complete replacement.

It’s Fernandinho’s speed of thought and pass that for me is most missing in the 6 position compared to what we currently have (not so much the need to be a 100m sprinter). Focusing on that trait is now massively helped because we’ve got two centre backs that look imperious, one of which seems to be a level above even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.