#25 | Fernandinho - 2020/2021 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was mostly injured, but there were 5 or 6 games where he was fit where he either came off of the bench or he started with Gundogan further forward. He played in both games against Spurs in the CL that season and the FA Cup semi (1 start, 2 off the bench).

The pre-pandemic days are hazy...

It's a testament to how unbelievable he has been for us that he has played pretty much every single game when available since he joined until Rodri arrived.

I am sure I am not the only one who had never heard of him when we signed him. The fact he paid some of the transfer fee to get himself here showed from day 1 what he is all about!

The pre-pandemic days are hazy...

It's a testament to how unbelievable he has been for us that he has played pretty much every single game when available since he joined until Rodri arrived.

I am sure I am not the only one who had never heard of him when we signed him. The fact he paid some of the transfer fee to get himself here showed from day 1 what he is all about!
Yeah in our title winning seasons especially he's been immense for the most part.

Although as you said in a previous post, we don't gain anything from deifying him. Not to be a debbie downer or anything but we did just wallop Chelsea with the much online maligned Rodri in there instead of him. My argument has been that it's never down to individuals whether we succeed or not, because they're all top players.

Two things we'll absolutely miss when we lose Fernandinho are his wisdom and experience. He just oozes sophistication, class, and the perfect amount of snide when he's on it.

You can't honestly think the year he played at centre half he was 9/10 every week. You think he was as good as Dias and Stones are now?

Why do people have to go so overboard, just praise his excellent performance yesterday. He is not a fucking deity who never had a bad game, he has been brilliant for us over the years but has had terrible games just like Kevin, Yaya and everyone else has.
I didn't go overboard. I meant when he plays as a DM, you know his actual position.

I wonder how much his very little game time is Pep keeping him in reserve for the end of the season or is it just that at 35 he can only play at a decent level with 10 days between games or so.

I hope it's the former, he could be a really potent weapon used sparingly in big games like the derby, Anfield, CL away games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.