#25 | Fernandinho - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey, that was a hard watch. I admire him for putting his body on the line time and time again, but the club should be asking questions about how it has come to this.
Exactly, also they’ve got young centre backs on the bench for who it is their natural position. I understand they’re inexperienced but if you don’t trust the don’t put them on the bench

funny thing is if he and his family would not be adamant to go back to Brazil finally Txiki would resign him again and we would still not have anyone to rotate Rodri with really and he would still be used a lot in defence line.

thanks for everything, but way behind the time we need to replace him with a young, mobile, quality DM.

we are piss lucky Rodri didnt get a long injury last two seasons.

I know we’ve all had heroes in the team over the years but I think it’s ok for City not to keep players past a certain point. Granted that they still do some great things but I don’t want to situations like Dinho’s in the future. It’s sometimes painful watching them when they get on in years. Nonetheless, happy with all Fernandinho has contributed to this club till date.

It is,but we should be in a place that ensures we can.

There were other options in midfield too.
Hard to disagree with that. I’d have greater confidence in Mbete next week, simply because he is fit.
The number of injuries now is less bad luck and more the culmination of too many players playing too much football for too long.

Exactly, also they’ve got young centre backs on the bench for who it is their natural position. I understand they’re inexperienced but if you don’t trust the don’t put them on the bench
I can understand it if the older player you’ve chosen ahead of them is fit, but when it gets to the stage that his teammates are carrying him and not passing to him as often, then it’s a self-defeating exercise.

Hard to disagree with that. I’d have greater confidence in Mbete next week, simply because he is fit.
The number of injuries now is less bad luck and more the culmination of too many players playing too much football for too long.
We can’t play with Fern at the back next week, it’s just asking for trouble.

Cancelo Mbete Laporte Ake

That defence at least gives me some sort of confidence.

He had no choice but to try and play today, leave him be
It is on Pep but no fault of anyone’s that players are injured. If an academy lad was played and City lost, Pep be damned. As we know Dinho is at an age that it’s tough on him, well, Pep be damned again.

It’s the business end and understandably, experience has been relied on. Nonetheless, I believe the club should stop letting players stay for longer than necessary. Sounds harsh but it’s best to let players leave on a high and not watch them fade out like we have seen with a couple of the players.

The most disappointing part today was when he put Antonio through. At his age you can forgive the lack of physicality, but you’d expect his awareness to be better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.