#25 | Fernandinho - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
An incredible player who despite increased praise from the media, remains under appreciated. His talent with the ball makes him so much better than the likes of Kante who break play up and do very little afterwards. He can pick a pass, he can do the dirty work and he's been phenomenal for us over the 9 years.

What is testament to the club, and what we have to appreciate, is that despite having such a great leader off the pitch and with Dias injured, the players found enough spirit and fight to get back from 2-0 down and win the game. That shows how we will be able to manage without him moving forwards as much of a loss as it is.

Thanks for everything Fern. All the best in the future, and please come home to coach at City very soon.

I think there's only arguably peak Patrick Vieira who's in the conversation for best defensive midfielder in Premier League history alongside Fernandinho

Sad to see him leave, he's been a great servant. Sad too yesterday because I couldn't wait to see him replaced by Stones, so relieved Stones was fit enough to play a full game, that first half was Deja Vu far too often. I hope he gets great enjoyment for the rest of the time he plays and maybe come back to contribute to City in some other capacity.

My favourite ever City player, and I say that having grown up watching ‘The King’, fair case for those who mention Vieira, not much between them, but Fern wins it for me on agility, that ability to change direction and change of pace, magnificent player.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Fern himself asked to come off Sunday knowing he was struggling, a shame we had to rely on his ageing legs, but he’s a smart fella and has so much self awareness unlike some players.
Best wishes Fern !

I have no doubt he'll play a role within City in some capacity in the future.

Goodbye and good luck , pep held you out to dry yesterday but seeing you lift the trophy was brilliant , much love
No player likes being subbed at half-time not least Fern, but I think Pep put sentiment to one side and did what he had to to try and win the game. Can't really fault him for that as Fern was getting rinsed Watkins. Red card waiting to happen.

I'd have been gutted for him if we'd have gone on to lose that game, be we definitely weren't winning it with him at CB in the second half. Just glad it worked out and he got to lift the PL trophy.

Great servant to the club, and I'm sorry to see him go, but I think it was time.

No player likes being subbed at half-time not least Fern, but I think Pep put sentiment to one side and did what he had to to try and win the game. Can't really fault him for that as Fern was getting rinsed Watkins. Red card waiting to happen.

I'd have been gutted for him if we'd have gone on to lose that game, be we definitely weren't winning it with him at CB in the second half. Just glad it worked out and he got to lift the PL trophy.

Great servant to the club, and I'm sorry to see him go, but I think it was time.
Would have been less embarrassing for him to be taken off at half time rather then 50th minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.