#25 | Fernandinho - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched a different game to you lot. Thought he was immense
That’s what I thought albeit from a pitch side level at the ground. Moura running away from him a few times meant little to me as only Walker in our squad could stop him. Thought his tackling was brilliant as was his one and two touch play.

The vulnerability to counters is not the sole responsibility of Fern or of Rodri. The latter is regularly nailed as soon as we lose and it is sad to see Fern now suffering the same fate because we were beaten by a fast counter-attacking unit who defended deep. If we have an Achilles heel, it is that, and that is why the absence of Phil, KDB, and Kyle hurt a lot: they have the athleticism to help cope with counters and by pressing aggressively and stopping outballs beyond our central midfield. As it is, we gave the ball away several times because of a lack of sharpness and they capitalised. Had we put away our early chances, this would not have been an issue. A tough opening fixture for us, a few weeks too early but neither Rodri nor Fern are the sole reasons for occasional defeats like this: give the ball away when we have it and we are pushed right upfield and we will concede chances.

The only reason Fern is getting any shit is because Rodri has not stepped up to a world class dm. I would give Zin a chance at dm. He has learned his defensive duties at lb and can pass and hold up the ball.
Zin stays at left back, I don’t ever want to have the pleasure of seeing Mendy in a City shirt again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.