25 man squad (merged)

Re: The 25

Good team BTB, the only thing I would change is fitting Ireland in somewhere, noit sure where though.

citymad said:
Good team BTB, the only thing I would change is fitting Ireland in somewhere, noit sure where though.

Robbie out, Bellers in and hope to God Mancini doesn't sign Milner....

Don't want Stevie to leave :(

Hart
Given
Taylor

Boateng
Kompany
K. Toure
Kolarov
Richards
Lescott
Onuhua
Bridge

Yaya Toure
De Jong
Silva
Adam Johnson
Barry
Ireland
SWP
Robinho
Milner
Vieira

Tevez
Adebayor
Torres
Balotelli

bluwes said:
Micael Johnson will be nowhere near match fitness until later in the year why waste a spot by naming him in the squad

I heard an interview with him saying exactly this on the OS, so it'd be a wasted space.

Strangly I would have Garrido in and happily sell Bridge. I think he's too slow and was so exposed by the winger with a little pace for New York's 1st. Lescott, Boateng and even Barry could fill in there as good as Bridge (IMO).

Letting Bellemy go would be madness as well as Ireland. I think we are short in creative midfielders still so wouldn't be a good idea to let him go. I'd love to see him with Yaya Toure in the middle of the park. If he's still duff at New Year, move him on.

Milner - no ta!

Robinho, Caicedo, Bridge, Ned (not got better) and Santa are my lot I would let go. Jo if we get another striker.

Re: 25 man squad

From the OS we have 39 players counting recent signing Kolarov. They are:

Goalkeepers (5)

David Gonzales, Shay Given, Joe Hart, Gunnar Nielsen, Stuart Taylor

Defenders (13)

Dedryck Boyata, Greg Cunningham, Javan Vidal, Jerome Boateng, Joleon Lescott, Wayne Bridge, Javier Garrido, Shaleum Logan, Nedum Onuoha, Micah Richards, Kolo Toure, Pablo Zabaleta, Aleksandar Kolarov

Midfielders (13)

Abdisalam Ibrahim, Adam Johnson, David Silva, Gareth Barry, Patrick Vieira, Yaya Toure, Nigel de Jong, Kelvin Etuhu, Stephen Ireland, Michael Johnson, Vincent Kompany, Vladimir Weiss, Shaun Wright-Phillips,

Strikers (8)

Emmanuel Adebayor, Craig Bellamy, Felipe Caicedo, Jô, Alex Tchuimeni-Nimely, Robinho, Roque Santa Cruz, Carlos Tevez

There are 6 Under 21s in that 39.

Dedryck Boyata, Greg Cunningham, Abdisalam Ibrahim, Vladimir Weiss, Alex Tchuimeni-Nimely, Javan Vidal

That leaves 33 players of which 8 have to go.

Gunnar Nielsen is out on loan to Tranmere, so that knocks it down to 7.

Michael Johnson won't be registered for the 1st half of the season as he is not fit to play for the beginning of the season which takes it down to 6.

However, Mancini is quoted in the following articles as saying they have 30 players and need to get down to 25 and that Robinho does not want to come back.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2010/0726/1224275468190.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...oor-Manchester-City-boss-Roberto-Mancini.html

That would mean that since they consider Robinho a gonner, they only have 5 players left to clear out. The 5 that are likely to be sold or loaned are:

1 GK likely to be David Gonzales but could be one of Hart or Given if not a regular starter.

2 DFs Shaleum Logan, Javier Garrido

1 MF Kelvin Etuhu (could be serving a prison sentence anyway)

1 of 2 STs Felipe Caicedo or Jo

That leaves a 25 man roster of:

Goalkeepers (3)

Shay Given, Joe Hart, Stuart Taylor

Defenders (8)

Jerome Boateng, Joleon Lescott, Wayne Bridge, Nedum Onuoha, Micah Richards, Kolo Toure, Pablo Zabaleta, Aleksandar Kolarov

Midfielders (9)

Adam Johnson, David Silva, Gareth Barry, Patrick Vieira, Yaya Toure, Nigel de Jong, Stephen Ireland, Vincent Kompany, Shaun Wright-Phillips

Strikers (5)

Emmanuel Adebayor, Craig Bellamy, Roque Santa Cruz, Carlos Tevez, Caceido/Jo

Balotelli would be an under 21 so could be added to the squad as an under 21 for the premier league but would need to bump a player out of the team to be registered for Europa league play from what I gather.

If we were to sign Milner, then a player from the above 25 would have to be moved.

Same for each new successive signing.

Trying to put a team together and failing!

I don't even know where to start with this lot, any suggestions?:

Goalkeepers
David Gonzales (COL)
Shay Given (IRL)
Joe Hart (ENG)
Gunnar Nielsen (FAR)
Stuart Taylor (ENG)

Defenders
Aleksandar Kolarov (SFR)
Dedryck Boyata (BEL)
Greg Cunningham (IRE)
Javan Vidal (ENG)
Jerome Boateng (GER)
Joleon Lescott (ENG)
Wayne Bridge (ENG)
Javier Garrido (ESP)
Shaleum Logan * (ENG)
Nedum Onuoha (ENG)
Micah Richards (ENG)
Kolo Toure (CIV)
Pablo Zabaleta (ARG)

Midfielders
Abdisalam Ibrahim (NOR)
Adam Johnson (ENG)
David Silva (ESP)
Gareth Barry (ENG)
Patrick Vieira (FRA)
Yaya Toure (CIV)
Nigel de Jong (NED)
Kelvin Etuhu * (NGR)
Stephen Ireland (IRL)
Michael Johnson (ENG)
Vincent Kompany (BEL)
Vladimir Weiss* (SVK)
Shaun Wright-Phillips (ENG)

Strikers
Emmanuel Adebayor (TGO)
Craig Bellamy (WAL)
Felipe Caicedo* (ECU)
Jô* (BRA)
Alex Tchuimeni-Nimely (ENG)
Robinho* (BRA)
Roque Santa Cruz (PRY)
Carlos Tevez (ARG)
Mario Balotelli? (ITA)
Fernando Torres? (SPA)

* = On Loan
? = Maybe

So this has quotes...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/07/26/2043020/manchester-city-manager-roberto-mancini-unsure-which-stars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... hich-stars</a>

Why is he even mentioning De Jong? I'm sorry but in what world would Vieira of 2010 be selected in a 25 man squad over World Cup 2010 finalist De Jong? I hope it's idle talk and he isn't actually considering leaving De Jong out of the 25.

"We are not sure whether it'll be [Craig] Bellamy, [Michael] Johnson, [Nigel] De Jong it is impossible now to know which players will be on the list."

Heres how I think the squad will go

Goalkeepers

Shay Given
Joe Hart
Stuart Taylor

Defenders

Micah Ricahrds
Aleksander Kolorov
Wayne Bridge
Pablo Zabaleta
Kolo Toure
Joeleon Lescott
Nedum Onouha
Vincent Kompany

Midfielders

Patrick Vieira
Nigel De-Jong
Gareth Barry
Stephen Ireland
Adam Johnson
David Silva
Yaya Toure
James Milner
Robinho

Attackers
Carlos Tevez
Emmanuel Adebayor
Craig Bellamy
Roque Santa Cruz
Jo

Balotelli and Boateng(By just a few days) dont need to be included in the squad because of their age.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.