25 man squad (merged)

I bow to the skills and patience of those of you who can be arsed to work this out. Positives for me (mcfc) are as follows:-

It doesn't mean we have to have a "fire sale" of half the squad.

Being minted is still mint - the new rules don't help emerging clubs who are doing things the "right way" without "ruining football". If anything this will just inflate the prices of players who count as HG beyond the means of smaller clubs, and the new rules stop them improving their squad with loads of cheap imports. Sort of protects the Sky4 status quo, but they can't stop us gatecrashing the party.

Goalkeepers
1 Shay Given
2 Joe Hart
3 Stuart Taylor

Defenders
4 Kolo Toure
5 Joleon Lescott
6 Jerome Boateng
7 Aleksandar Kolarov
8 Vincent Kompany
9 Pablo Zabaleta
10 Wayne Bridge/Javier Garrido
11 Micah Richards/Nedum Onuoha
X Dedryck Boyata
X Greg Cunningham

Midfielders
12 Yaya Toure
13 Gareth Barry
14 Nigel De Jong
15 Patrick Vieira
16 James Milner/Stephen Ireland
X Abdisalam Ibrahim

Wingers
17 Adam Johnson
18 David Silva
19 Craig Bellamy
20 Robinho
21 Shaun Wright-Phillips
X Vladimir Weiss

Strikers
22 Carlos Tevez
23 Emmanuel Adebayor
24 Roque Santa Cruz
25 Felipe Caicedo/Jo
X Mario Balotelli
X Alex Nimely-Tchuimeni

The Faily Mail has a decent enough article on this today, herehttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...wn-The-shape-things-come-season-20-clubs.html and 3 of our biggest rivals (Arsenal, Liverpool & Chelsea) will have to have reduced squads as they don't currently have sufficient home grown players..... what else is interesting (I think) is that the bastion of English players and Man City ruining the game - that is Dave "Rent a Gob & Rag Apologist" Whelan & Wigan only have 8 home grown players...... been buying foreign mercenaries methinks Dave....

Goalkeepers :

Given
Hart
Taylor

Defenders :

Kompany
K.Toure
Lescott
Boateng
Zabaleta
Richards
Kolarov
Bridge

Midfielders

Barry
De Jong
Y.Toure
Vieira
Ireland
Silva
Milner
SWP
A Johnson
Bellamy

Forwards

Tevez
Adebayor
Balotelli
+ New Centre forward - Ibra or Dzeko ?

Shame we gave Viera a new deal we have Barry and Zabs if needed as cover. He takes up a valuable squad place that could be given to another quality player. If we dont sign a new centre forward RSC would be retained I guess.

We can include a handful of promising home grown youngsters under 21 as well (Boyata etc) for extra cover.

Wont be at city at the end of the transfer window will be sold (or loaned if we cant sell) or wont be given a squad number = sat around playing no pro football :

Jo
RSC
Garrido (looks like hes on his way to Lazio)
Robinho
Caicedo
Kelvin Etuhu (over 21)
Shaleum Logan (Over 21)
Nedum (wants to leave problem with Mancini)

Only Robinho is likley to be a problem to shift due to his attitude, wage and the fee we paid.

Loans :

M Johnson (Wont be fit till the end of the year hasnt played for 2 seasons)
David Gonzales (Over 21 - not homegrown)
Gunnar Nielsen ((Already loaned)
Vladimir Weiss (under 21, home grown wont get games)

I make it 10 more players we need to shift, either on loan or permanently before the window closes.

Seems Robinho might be staying with City after all. From the words of Mancini.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6284275,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 75,00.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.