25 | Manuel Akanji - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine hell be left side against madrid now. i think hes better when not as central as hes poor in the air But good defending on the deck

He's a bit of an enigma.

His performance against Bayern was otherworldly but there's just something about his style of play that makes me think he could make a mistake at any moment. Reminds me a bit of Walker in that respect.

I will add that he has been generally excellent this season though, especially considering it's his first under Pep which is usually a period of adaptation for most players.
Overall he has been a great signing and a snip at £15m. His recent performances have been very good, but as you say like Walker he is prone to the odd brainfart. Let's hope there are no mistakes on Tuesday.

Not going to blame him for that today. What happened before it reached him showed the importance of having someone with height and physical presence contesting such balls, which is bread and butter (olive oil) for Rodri.

Agree. It came at him suddenly and he made the wrong decision. Stuff like that can happen. Think everyone kind of switched off for a few mins after the penalty miss though, not just him.
If that was Dias or Stones they would have booted the ball into the 3rd tier, he still lacks that ruthless streak, nonetheless he's been good recently.

If that was Dias or Stones they would have booted the ball into the 3rd tier, he still lacks that ruthless streak, nonetheless he's been good recently.

It was a strange decision. Can't quite fathom it. Would have been so much easier to just hoof it. But I do think it's true that everyone was not quite refocussed after the Gundo miss, and the way that had happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.