25 | Manuel Akanji - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should swap sides with Dias. His left foot looks better than Ruben’s and it’d open up more passing lanes.
Dias plays on the left with Stones, who will be his natural partner for the near future.

That said, with a few more performances like tonight, Stones might have to work especially hard to unseat him!

I’m reminded of another occasion where little was expected and yet expectations were far exceeded…

@2:45

Pep.

“He trained one day and a half with us, but he showed what experience he has at Dortmund and what a good central defender Manchester City brought to us,” Guardiola declared.

“He has quality similar like Aymer (Laporte) - he can break the lines with the pass.

SMOOTH OPERATOR : Manuel Akanji impressed on his City debut

SMOOTH OPERATOR : Manuel Akanji impressed on his City debut

"Manuel is really intelligent and great with the ball. City brought me and the club a fantastic player.

“He’s a fantastic age at 27 and mature so yeah, really good.

“He reads really well the spaces, and I am very pleased for him.”

There's a ton of competition at center back.. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Akanji starts vs Spurs.
I think with Walkers injury and Son’s lace it’s more or less guaranteed. He and Gomez have injected real pace in our back four.

Didn't know his English was so good. We have a thin squad but at CB we are awash with talent, I dont see Ake getting much game time is the only negative.

Our scouting and transfer team deserve some kudos for picking up him, Gomes and Alvarez for relatively bargain prices. The time to judge fully will be at the end of the season but getting three players in that look comfortable in our system and seem to have decent quality is amazing work.

Also the willingness to walk away from deals where the fee is excessive is great to see.

The running of the club seems to be constantly improving.

Kept reminding me of Nedum Onuoha but with the added addition of Pep's trademark bullet pass along the ground. Encouraging start!

Would loved to have been a fly on the wall when he got that out of the blue phone call from City.
If Carlsberg did surprises... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.