25 | Manuel Akanji - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our scouting and transfer team deserve some kudos for picking up him, Gomes and Alvarez for relatively bargain prices. The time to judge fully will be at the end of the season but getting three players in that look comfortable in our system and seem to have decent quality is amazing work.

Also the willingness to walk away from deals where the fee is excessive is great to see.

The running of the club seems to be constantly improving.
Akanji, Gomez and Alvarez for a combined €57m is some incredible business.

Last edited:
Fitted in seamlessly,a superb debut.

He looks tailor made for our system,with an extra athleticism that some of our other centre backs don't have.A kind of Laporre/Ake hybrid.Also looks brave and intelligent.

Looks like an absolute bargain
I suspect more of an Ake, Benjani hybrid..every time I hear his name can not get Benjani out of my head.
Joking aside..to come in and play that well with little training with the squad was immense. I suspect Eric may leave, Stones is great but just too injury prone. Will not be surprised to see Dias, Ajanji, Ake being the main CBs for a few years now. Ake was doing really well before his injury.

Really solid debut, especially having no time with the square and the birth of his child days ago

Not the biggest test but he looked very composed and excellent on the ball. A brilliant debut and a superb acquisition by the club.

Relatively easy game for him to start with, but his movement after passing shows that he’ll quickly adapt to the system; the impact Guardiola has had on football in general means that it’s arguably easier now for central defenders to come into our team and adjust. Be interesting to see if he starts at the weekend or whether he can just get up to full speed playing CL games.

Impressed. Looked dead good and had a very accomplished confident debut.

Not wanting to slash on someones fireworks but so did Mangala.

If he is a stop gap signing as some glass half empties have signaled (not that Im one of them), at least last night put 10 Mill on any sell on fee.

So cant really see anything but positive so far, although Im sure Didi Hamann can find something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.