25 | Manuel Akanji - 2023/24

My player of the season. Been absolutely immense all year even when others around him have dropped standards. Deserved to start the Cup Final undoubtedly. He was signed as a backup player and made himself undroppable and the best defender at the club. Well done Manu you should be very proud of your performances this season.

My player of the season. Been absolutely immense all year even when others around him have dropped standards. Deserved to start the Cup Final undoubtedly. He was signed as a backup player and made himself undroppable and the best defender at the club. Well done Manu you should be very proud of your performances this season.
I love Akanji and think he’s been tremendous. And maybe his page isn’t the place to say this, but I don’t like how his price and the fact he didn’t play yesterday have become a stick for people to beat the rest of our “overpriced, slow, stupid, error prone” defenders. No one has had a perfect season, even Akanji. I think most of our defenders had a period of time this season where you could make a case for them being the “best.” I do think Akanji had more of those periods. But the fact so many others (and I probably shouldn’t have responded to your post, because I’m not saying this is what you’re doing) have written off the rest of them is frustrating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.