25 years ago today

View attachment 89353

Took this photo at the game. We might have been at our lowest ebb, but the two kits we had that season have still to be beaten..
A lot of fans didn't like that shade of blue ("lazer blue", IIRC). I actually liked it. Sometimes the sky blue can look a bit "washed out". Kappa made nice kits; not the play off final one, though. That was horrendous, but has attained cult status due to the occasion, rather than the actual kit. Last season's kit was a nice shade.

Was backpacking through Indonesia at the time but kept hearing reports of this wonderkid called Gary Mason who was ripping it up. Got back for the 1-1 draw with Chesterfield at home - the reality was much different.

It felt terrible at the time, but would not change it now. Will never forget the second half against Stoke and how the fanbase collectively came together. A massively important part of the club and fans history.

I've got one overriding memory of that Blackpool game. There was an injury in the second half with a long delay and the whole ground were belting out "We love you City" and all the other classics. It was a real show of defiance from a big crowd. That loyalty and determination sewed the seeds for what came to pass.
Sowed.

Over 32000. One of the few times I was in the Main stand. Couldn't believe the support that day, hairs are standing on edge thinking about it. Little was we to know how the season would end. CTIFD!
I was in the Main Stand too for the 1st time for a league game after seeing my arse and not renewing my season ticket for the 1st time since 1976.
Unbelievable atmosphere that day and despite not having a ST that season I never missed a game.
Stoke over Xmas great too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.