25 years ago today

Over 32000. One of the few times I was in the Main stand. Couldn't believe the support that day, hairs are standing on edge thinking about it. Little was we to know how the season would end. CTIFD!
Took my lad and it was the first time I’d watched a game in the main stand too (thought we’d pushed the boat out).

For me, it was great grounding and a bit of an education for him, and other young supporters, that it didn’t matter where we’re were, this was our team regardless.

I love what’s happened to us more for him and others like him (surrounded by out of town rags when we moved) rather than myself, he never once wavered and he’s loving every fuckin second of it :-D.

I remember that one, drove back to East Yorkshire along the M62, dropped a friend off in Hull and then got done for speeding on a dual carriageway

Wow 25 years. I was in the North Stand that day, was just trying to spot myself in that photo but I think I was a bit higher up. Always remember us singing "you can shove your fuckin tower up your arse" at the Blackpool fans.

I'll never forget looking at our fixture list when it came out, the absolute horror and that sinking feeling stayed with me.

Was backpacking through Indonesia at the time but kept hearing reports of this wonderkid called Gary Mason who was ripping it up. Got back for the 1-1 draw with Chesterfield at home - the reality was much different.

It felt terrible at the time, but would not change it now. Will never forget the second half against Stoke and how the fanbase collectively came together. A massively important part of the club and fans history.
I was at Luton away a few games later and witnessed Mason getting booed by some of our support. He was only a kid and it was pretty hard to witness. It shown how frustrated we were back then. We took pride on our unwavering and loyal support but we certainly had our wobbles on the way.

I was at the Fulham game, which was properly horrendous.

I remember thinking that we’d been absolutely fleeced by paying £5,000 for Danny Allsopp.

A lot of fans didn't like that shade of blue ("lazer blue", IIRC). I actually liked it. Sometimes the sky blue can look a bit "washed out". Kappa made nice kits; not the play off final one, though. That was horrendous, but has attained cult status due to the occasion, rather than the actual kit. Last season's kit was a nice shade.
Kappa at the time, seemed an "exotic" kit supplier compared to what we recently had.
Their Italian national shirts and other clubs e g. Roma, were very stylish.
Was not sure personally about the shade of Blue, at the time though.
But our 2 lads (aged 10 & 8 at the time) thought their kits and track suits were brilliant.
At that time, City didn't have a lot to crow about, the Kappa kits made us seem different...

I was at Luton away a few games later and witnessed Mason getting booed by some of our support. He was only a kid and it was pretty hard to witness. It shown how frustrated we were back then. We took pride on our unwavering and loyal support but we certainly had our wobbles on the way.
Didnt Gary Mason get booed at the same game? When he simply gave up on a ball going out of play?
I seem to recall Big Niall getting the equalizer and everyone going completely mental, i ran to go on the pitch when the blue haze came down but thankfully stopped as i reached the gap!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.