25 years ago today

Didnt Gary Mason get booed at the same game? When he simply gave up on a ball going out of play?
I seem to recall Big Niall getting the equalizer and everyone going completely mental, i ran to go on the pitch when the blue haze came down but thankfully stopped as i reached the gap!!
Re. Mason that's what the OP said. Big Niall was long gone by then - we had Gareth Taylor at that point (sadly). Andy Morrison had to go off injured which didn't help matters.

I was at Luton away a few games later and witnessed Mason getting booed by some of our support. He was only a kid and it was pretty hard to witness. It shown how frustrated we were back then. We took pride on our unwavering and loyal support but we certainly had our wobbles on the way.
There was a bloke in front of us in the Kippax who pretty much started booing Mason from his first game. Could never understand why. We came to the conclusion that Mason must have shagged his girlfriend. Makes me laugh when I read the overblown nostalgia threads on here regarding that period.

There was a bloke in front of us in the Kippax who pretty much started booing Mason from his first game. Could never understand why. We came to the conclusion that Mason must have shagged his girlfriend. Makes me laugh when I read the overblown nostalgia threads on here regarding that period.
Arrr The silky skills of Gary Mason. Looking back, we'd of probably done better with Perry Mason.

I was at Luton away a few games later and witnessed Mason getting booed by some of our support. He was only a kid and it was pretty hard to witness. It shown how frustrated we were back then. We took pride on our unwavering and loyal support but we certainly had our wobbles on the way.

I went to the Luton away match also but was in their main stand with many other blues.

Do not remember the booing but yes it was a tough time. Pretty sure one of the Fenton brothers?? gave a cheap equaliser to Burnley at home that year with a sloppy backpass. We were asking kids to step up to replace senior pros who were wilting under the pressure.

Sat in Fulham’s main stand that Friday night, gone in about 30 minutes before kick off, having a pint looking at the Thames and remember a Fulham fan saying do you think you’ll have a decent following tonight? A good 4000 I replied, and he laughed saying you’ll be lucky if you have a 1000. I helped him pick his jaw up when we went to our seats as the whistle went for kick off, and the terrace was full and half their main stand. Probably one of the best seasons ever watching City away for the fun and antics we got upto.

Took my lad and it was the first time I’d watched a game in the main stand too (thought we’d pushed the boat out).

For me, it was great grounding and a bit of an education for him, and other young supporters, that it didn’t matter where we’re were, this was our team regardless.

I love what’s happened to us more for him and others like him (surrounded by out of town rags when we moved) rather than myself, he never once wavered and he’s loving every fuckin second of it :-D.
Thinking about it, it was my lads first proper game, not a bad start for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.